It’s happening again

steve o

Student Of The Blues
:mad:A couple of years ago I started having problems with staying signed in. For a month or so every time I wasn’t active on the forum on my phone for about 15 minutes, the next time I would pull up the forum I would have to sign back in. I posted the problem on here, got a bunch of tips but nothing seemed to fix it. Then all of a sudden, I just started staying signed in again. The same thing started a couple of weeks ago. I still have the same phone, no changes or updates were installed coinciding with the problem starting again. Is anybody else having this problem?

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I've never had the forum keep me logged in, no matter what I've tried or settings I've used. If I'm gone for a little bit I get logged out.

I've looked into many possible places where I might change that behavior, but have never been successful... you're not the first person who has asked, sorry.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Thanks for the fast reply Griff!:) Definitely not your fault. It’s just strange. Hopefully after a couple more weeks it will change again. It’s not a major problem but I’m a tech idiot so I thought I would ask. Have a great day!!!:)

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
How do you get to the site on your phone? Are you using a shortcut or a bookmark or typing it in?

I have two thoughts, no idea if they're what's causing your problems, but maybe somewhere to look.

1) If you're logged in under https, then you use a link that starts with http, the cookies won't be shared and the 2nd link will ask you to log in again. When you do, you'll be logged out of the first session - the software apparently won't let someone be logged in on two separate sessions and/or devices (not the same as having several tabs open). Suppose you logged in via your shortcut under https and someone posted a link in the forum to another post using http. When you go there, you'll have to log in again (under http) and that will invisibly log you out of the first session. You can continue your session, and all will be fine. The next time you use your bookmark, though, it will have been logged out and you'll have to log in again.

2) Do you ever use another device - a PC or a tablet, maybe someone else's phone - to access the forum? Possibly there's something corrupted on the other device that is interfering with clearing the login cookies there when you log in on your phone and that's causing a problem when the other device says hello to the internet. If so, then perhaps clearing cookies and cache on THE OTHER device might help.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Like I mentioned, I’m a tech idiot. I’m almost always on the forum on my phone (IPhone). I always leave the forum website page up (along with 3 other websites that I regularly use) so I never actually sign off (or get signed off) on any of those. I have noticed when I do sign on to the forum from my home computer that I do have to sign back on when I go back to the forum on my phone, as it always has.That isn’t what is happening now, or when this started happening again. When I would do that, I would just sign in once on the phone and it would stay logged in again. I will try clearing the cache on my PC. Thanks for the tips, I appreciate it!

Reactions: dvs

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Right now at this very moment I can't get logged in on my iPhone.

I could earlier today.

I can get in on my computers.

This happens once in awhile with the phone.

Later today I'll probably be able to.

I don't do anything different from day to day.

When I first joined years ago I was always logged in.

I didn't even know you could log out.

When it was pointed out in a thread similar to this one, I tried it.

Since then I have always had to log back in. o_O

Regardless of the device.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Gone through this for years and gave up asking. Right now it is fine, can just click on link from either Android or PC.

Found logging in on Ipad would then cause me weeks of issues, so I just don't use Apple to access the forum.

Fingers crossed. (y)

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I’m still waiting for it to be mysteriously corrected like last time. If it is like last time I’ve got another couple of weeks before I’m back to normal. Not a big deal, but I’m lazy like a slug:(:D:cool:

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Woot! Woot! I went to sign in to the forum just now on my phone and I was still signed in from yesterday!:D:cool::D Just like a couple of years ago. I never changed anything. I just don’t get technology but right now I’m a happy boy!!!:Beer:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Woot! Woot! I went to sign in to the forum just now on my phone and I was still signed in from yesterday!:D:cool::D Just like a couple of years ago. I never changed anything. I just don’t get technology but right now I’m a happy boy!!!:Beer:
Think of it like the stock market, or your wife. Today everything is great, tomorrow all hell could break lose. :coffee:

Elio

Student Of The Blues

Wow, I haven't experienced that in the past 2-3 years. Did you did some sort of special dance or anything to make it work?

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Well, it was a fun 2 days. Last time this happened I got a couple of years before it happened again, not a couple of days. I had to sign in on my phone yesterday afternoon and again this morning :mad::cry::mad:

Last edited:

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I'm telling you, it's a special dance you have to do for a particular browser deity. Unfortunately, I haven't figured it out either because I'm in the same boat you all are in.
If you figure out the proper dance, please video and send my way. I am willing to try anything!!!:cool:

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I'm telling you, it's a special dance you have to do for a particular browser deity. Unfortunately, I haven't figured it out either because I'm in the same boat you all are in.
The last time I started dancing , all hell broke loose.
The police were called, and I woke up with 2 giraffes, 3 Amish farmer's daughters and a coconut latte. I think they called it Rumpelstiltskin. :Beer::Beer::Beer:

Last edited: