Song Surgeon

ervjohns

Blues Junior
You have to use MP3 files, Amazon sells MP3 versions of all of the songs they carry. Cant use iTunes songs because of CRM protections.

Good luck, I am sure you will like it

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
You can also "rip" songs from a music CD. There are numerous programs out there for doing the deed.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Oh, what evil hath Spotify wrought upon this land?

I guess mp3 files are about to join CDs, vinyl and the telephone dialtone in the ash heap of Forgotten Old-School Relics.

Technology is a wonderful god. Don't forget audio tape, eight track, audio cassette, Beta, VHS, Laser Disc, Phonograph cylinders (1878), the gramophone, and the list goes on. :(

When it comes to anything related to computers, you have to be concerned about things like operating system updates, which can render applications useless, but not to fear! You may only have to purchase or rent (monthly or annually) the latest greatest version to enjoy a program that worked for years, but no longer functions. :confused:

Remember that term, "designed for obsolescence"? :eek: Just imagine if they got it "right", the first time? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tom

KareyReese

Blues Newbie
You have to use MP3 files, Amazon sells MP3 versions of all of the songs they carry. Cant use iTunes songs because of CRM protections.

Thank you! I appreciate your time and help!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Technology is a wonderful god. Don't forget audio tape, eight track, audio cassette, Beta, VHS, Laser Disc, Phonograph cylinders (1878), the gramophone, and the list goes on. :(

When it comes to anything related to computers, you have to be concerned about things like operating system updates, which can render applications useless, but not to fear! You may only have to purchase or rent (monthly or annually) the latest greatest version to enjoy a program that worked for years, but no longer functions. :confused:

Remember that term, "designed for obsolescence"? :eek: Just imagine if they got it "right", the first time? :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Tom

They're still sell combs don't they?

patb

Blues Junior
I’ve purchased Song Surgeon. Where does someone go to down load audio songs?
Karey, I just purchased SS and am equally uneducated in its use. Please continue to post as you progress with it.
I have no idea how to "rip" a song from a cd but it would make life easier.... maybe.
Pat

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
@KareyReese . @patb , here is a method that I wrote for myself back when I started ripping music off CDs. No guarantees, but it should get you started at least (sorry, it's Windows-specific).

To rip whole CD’s or tracks off CD

Start Windows Media Player

Open the CD in Media Player

Right-Click the CD icon and select

“update album info”

Hit the STOP button on the playback transport menu at the bottom of the screen, to stop the CD from actually playing at the same time as you are ripping it.

Click the >> icon alongside “rip CD” and select

“rip settings”, then

“more options”

Click “change” to select the destination for ripped tracks

(Note, if you are ripping multiple CDs and want to burn to one disc, set up your folder structure first; one folder for each CD).

NOTE AGAIN – lately it hasn’t made any difference what folder or structure I’ve chosen it’s just always ripped the CD to C:\Users\Chris\Music and then I’ve had to cut/paste it to where I want it to go. Why? I Dunno.

Select Format MP3 and (appropriate) quality

(Note, you need to choose quality appropriate to space. A 70min CD at top quality is about 150MB. A 40min CD at next best quality is about 80MB, and so on).

Apply, OK

Click “Rip CD”.

NB. You don’t have to rip the whole CD. Just untick the “all tracks” icon in the top row, then tick the tracks you want to rip, and click “Rip CD”. It will only rip the tracks that you selected.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
@KareyReese . @patb , here is a method that I wrote for myself back when I started ripping music off CDs. No guarantees, but it should get you started at least (sorry, it's Windows-specific).

To rip whole CD’s or tracks off CD
Or just use Song Surgeon to do it! Up at the top, the fourth menu icon from the left, "RIP". :sneaky: