Another Two Years of Torture

L

LynnLaFrance

Okay - I took everyone's input and thought about it and then this afternoon put together this version.  Version 2 if you will.

It has additional overdrive, some call and response, more "out there" vocals (hopefully) and a different feeling intro.

Thanks to everyone that commented on the first take (the crappy take as I'm calling it now!!!).

Hope this one really gives you the blues!!!  Let me know what you think - good, bad, indifferent.  It all helps me think about it a little differently.

LLL Two Years of Torture2 Slow.mp3

Thanks!

(Here is the link to the first version if you want to torture your ears! http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1304050867)

giayank

Just another day in paradise
I liked it alot over all.Before the vocals started I thought it was a little thin sounding. Not sure What else I wanted to hear maybe a little more reverb would have pleased my tastes.It's so subjective when critiqueing .The technical aspect was very good.Play it as you feel it you can't go wrong.

mpaq

Canfield, Ontario, Canada
Bravo Lynn! Much improved, I liked this version a lot better, just seemed to flow nicer with the guitar response to the vocal. Your voice sounds better every time I listen to you.

Chuck

Moderator (One of the Men in Black!)
Staff member
I like it, adding the vocals to the tracks is nice addition. It allows you to take the exercise full circle!  Good job on the vocals and the guitar!

kgarkie

Been living the blues.
The overdrive gave your soloing the bite it needed.  Great singing too.  You do have a good blues singer voice.  Excellent.  I'll give it:   [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif] [smiley=beer.gif]

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
I've got a bad habit of grabbing a guitar when I like what I'm hearing. Though maybe the backtrack could have had a tad more volume. Just a smidge though, wouldn't want it hiding your voice or your playing.  [smiley=beer.gif]

BBOP

Blues Newbie
ok ok ya got me all depressed now!! hope ya feel better!! lol
goood job
rog [smiley=beer.gif]