Pedals/Effects FUZZY WUZZY

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I have a way huge swollen pickle and use it when I can. A lot of switches and dials leads to a bit of work dealing in the tone you're looking for, but I've found some usable tones. I'll also click on the big muff on the virtual pedal board in my Daw for more choices. Nothing like a way huge swollen pickle in front of a big muff. It seems like all the fuzz naming guys are from the planet Uranus, must not be able to get a job naming wine or craft beer.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I really have no use or desire to have any pedals. I own a Keely Luna Overdrive, but do not use it very often. Now if in fact there are those of you who are really big vacuum tube fans, why don't you insist that you have all your pedals designed and built using vacuum tubes, and not transistors? Be consistent! You know who you are! Or do you? :sneaky: :eek::D

Tom

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I really have no use or desire to have any pedals. I own a Keely Luna Overdrive, but do not use it very often. Now if in fact there are those of you who are really big vacuum tube fans, why don't you insist that you have all your pedals designed and built using vacuum tubes, and not transistors? Be consistent! You know who you are! Or do you? :sneaky: :eek::D

Tom
Tom, oh Tom, hitting the nail right on the head again!
laughing 4.gif

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I've got a Wrought Iron Effects Kaiburr Fuzz, a Behringer SF300, and a Danelectro French Toast. I guess they're all good enough for what they are, but I can't tell that much difference in them. The Kaiburr seems to be a little less harsh to my ear, and it has a tremolo in it. So I guess I like it best of the 3 (and not just because I'm a SW fan), but I feel like I should because it costs (literally) over 10x what I paid new for either of the others. Disclaimer: I didn't pay for the Kaiburr; I won it.

I've liked some of the sounds from that Danelectro 3699, and keep telling myself that I'm going to pick one of those up, but I haven't yet. I think I heard that it was a copy of the Foxx Tone Machine.

I hardly ever pull a fuzz pedal out of the closet. It's one of those effects that I've never quite learned to tame. I imagine that it is going to be like reverb for me. I spent years disliking and cussing reverb because I was never sure what it needed to sound like, and I never could manage to make it sound good. So I never used it. Then one day it's like I got a bulb, and everything fell into place with it. Now I won't hardly play without it.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
An update:

I've had a JHS mini foot fuzz on the board for years.
I don't use it that often but, lately I've rediscovered it and I'm having fun.
So, I thought I'd try another one.

Picked up a Dunlop Fuzz Face mini - Hendrix version.
Both have silicon transistors.

I've been playing with both and to my ears, not much difference.