Gotta Get Up! ( almost live )

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Brilliant!! Made me smile right from the start.:) Those guitars sound A-MAZ-ING!!! The backing vocals sound so real I could almost see the singers. Great atmosphere produced by that Moto. Well done.(y)(y)(y)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Brilliant!! Made me smile right from the start.:) Those guitars sound A-MAZ-ING!!! The backing vocals sound so real I could almost see the singers. Great atmosphere produced by that Moto. Well done.(y)(y)(y)
Thanks,
Just hav'n some fun.
I was in an acoustic mood, looking for a way to express it.
It's all on one acoustic.
Creating the audience and the live sound was quite a challenge.
I think I've discovered a good acoustic recording system..........or maybe not:rolleyes:

Last edited:

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
I like it. Lots of interesting choices in the mix. Getting a good acoustic guitar tone recorded is one of my biggest issues, but you sure seem to have found it.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I like it. Lots of interesting choices in the mix. Getting a good acoustic guitar tone recorded is one of my biggest issues, but you sure seem to have found it.
Thanks for your comments,
OH, you're so right.

I've been chasing good acoustic recording technique for years.
On this one, I used a ribbon & small diaphragm condenser in an X/Y pattern.
That seemed to work in this situation.
Reverb, delay & panning delivered the room ambience.

BraylonJennings

It's all blues
Thanks for your comments,
OH, you're so right.

I've been chasing good acoustic recording technique for years.
On this one, I used a ribbon & small diaphragm condenser in an X/Y pattern.
That seemed to work in this situation.
Reverb, delay & panning delivered the room ambience.
What kind of room are you recording in? I have done nothing to improve my acoustics in my studio, the only thing it has going for it is lacking some right angles. I've got some isolation shields for the mics which helps with vocals, but not so much acoustic instruments.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
What kind of room are you recording in? I have done nothing to improve my acoustics in my studio, the only thing it has going for it is lacking some right angles. I've got some isolation shields for the mics which helps with vocals, but not so much acoustic instruments.
OH Boy!
That's a big question:
Answer.....A Lot!

The challenges us home recording folks have are many.
The need for a " live " instrument recording space is in complete conflict with the need for a "dead" room for mixing.
The front of my room has multiple movable absorption panels and a ceiling cloud for mixing.
The rear has fixed panels on the side walls and diffusion boxes on the rear.
All corners have bass traps.

The entire room is sound isolated ( a room within a room ) the widows are laminated glass to reduce outside noise the door is about 3 inches thick with sound sealing gaskets.

I think there's something about that in this thread:
http://bluesguitarunleashed.com/for...ow-us-pictures-of-your-recording-rooms.28546/

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Capn-Capn-Capn---I can't say it is my favorite songs of yours---but will say--it served the purpose off putting a smile on my face--I am still laughing---it was just so far from your norm it cracked me up. Frigging great :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: I want to hear more from the New Moto. Later Buddy.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Just listened to this again. That intro on the acoustic is beautiful. Loving the crowd participation as well. As Dave says, it makes you smile. MPM (more please Moto):)

WimVD

Every day I have the blues
I enjoyed your new song. I would have believed it was a real live recording.