Come on in my Kitchen Ending

Annie

On my way
I am recording a rhythm and vocal track for a friend who plays slide. I will be playing it in G - standard turning. I am trying to arrange the ending to the song. Can someone give a few suggestions? Do I make it part of the last turnaround or something added after the last Barr of the song?

Jalapeno

Student Of The Blues
I am recording a rhythm and vocal track for a friend who plays slide. I will be playing it in G - standard turning. I am trying to arrange the ending to the song. Can someone give a few suggestions? Do I make it part of the last turnaround or something added after the last Barr of the song?
The easiest way, especially if your turnaround ends on the V chord, is to substitute the I chord at the end. For example in an A blues A-A-A-A-D-D-A-A-E-D-A-E the A-E in the turnaround can be substituted with A-A

In a G blues you'd substitute the G-D with G-G.

That's the simplest way. I hope that helps. If your song is not a 12 bar blues form just post the chords to generate some suggestions.

Eric

Annie

On my way
Thanks for the ideas. That's just like the turn around I was using. Simple is nice Jalapeno..... using the I chord for the V. O.G. very good video of those guys. I would really need to work on the timing and I am not sure * tasty is in my bag yet. Something fun to work on though.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I always loved this version by Climax Blues Band and the ending turnaround is pretty well defined (and slow).
This link starts just before the very last turnaround/ending at the 6 minute mark.

Jumps directly to the turnaround on this link:
https://youtu.be/sJdPwrrQOKM?t=360

Here's the entire track from the beginning:

ronico

rainyislandblues
The easiest way, especially if your turnaround ends on the V chord, is to substitute the I chord at the end. For example in an A blues A-A-A-A-D-D-A-A-E-D-A-E the A-E in the turnaround can be substituted with A-A

In a G blues you'd substitute the G-D with G-G.

That's the simplest way. I hope that helps. If your song is not a 12 bar blues form just post the chords to generate some suggestions.

Eric
Stuff like this are little golden nuggets for me . Thanks for that.

Annie

On my way
Papa, I like that turn around and know how it is played. What I don't know is on what note to start it. My ear training is like a blind dog looking for a bone. I forgot that I had Griff's Turnaround and Ending Licks lessons. I found it there. #3.

Last edited: