Looking for a looper...

sloslunas

NM Blues
I need something that is very simple to use but must have an XLR input. Your suggestions will be greatly appreciated...

Steve

Ted_Zeppelin

I’ll agree with you so that both of us are wrong.
I've been through several loopers over the past few years and I think... I have finally found the one that works best for me. The Boss RC-500 does it all (and then some) for what I need. The built in drum loops are great and you can record and save the drum loops with your guitar loops for easy future use. If you are looking for one button simple, this one may be overkill. I am loving mine.

Boss RC-500

bossrc500.jpg

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey Steve,
A few thoughts.
I think you're trying to accomplish a few different things.

#1 use the lopper with a mic
Although some loopers have an xlr input, if you have a looper without it, that can can be solved by using an adapter XLR to TS kike this:
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/search.php?s=xlr+to+ts+adapter

#2 transferring a file from the looper to your computer.
Some very basic loopers like the Ditto are easy to use but, have no capability to save or transfer files.
Typically the more advanced units have that capability at a higher price and with more complexity.
Good news...........
The new Ditto plus is a very basic looper but it adds the save and transfer capabilities
https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/DittoPls--tc-electronic-ditto-looper-pedal

So,
If you got a New Ditto Plus and an XLR adapter you'll end up with a simple looper that can work with a mic and transfer files to the computer.
I think the IMP unit will work, I suggest calling Sweetwater to variety that idea.

Last edited:

sloslunas

NM Blues
I do have a Jamman stereo looper. A purty sophisticated unit. After years of not using it, I dusted it off yesterday to do some recording. I could not get it to record and got a bit frustrated. While laying in bed this morning, it finally dawned on me what I was doing wrong. Let's just say...call me stupid!!! All is well now, but thank you for your suggestions...

Steve

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
I do have a Jamman stereo looper. A purty sophisticated unit. After years of not using it, I dusted it off yesterday to do some recording. I could not get it to record and got a bit frustrated. While laying in bed this morning, it finally dawned on me what I was doing wrong. Let's just say...call me stupid!!! All is well now, but thank you for your suggestions...

Steve
Okie Dokie!
No name calling required!

Tayport

Blues Newbie

Steve
It's amazing what a decent nights sleep can do for your mind. I have experienced the same thing, struggled all day with an issue then wake up and the solution is crystal clear.