Headrush 5-week follow Up

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
5 Weeks was when I decided that I hated my Avid 11r and it was a waste of money (yeah, later as I got better using it I changed my mind). So I figured this was about the correct time to go back to my Headrush, especially since it cost me 3 times as much. Also, previous ownership of the 11r really helps with understanding this unit, but, the learning curve is about 25% of the previous unit

Abridged version, so you don't have to read my long winded stuff

"This thing freaking rocks, it is awesome, just buy the damn thing, why are you still reading and not ordering it online "

Okay, the reality it takes a little while to learn to tweak and get sounds out of something. If you are into rock, I highly encourage downloading the free Traci Guns setlist thats out there. If you are new to pedals and dont really understand them, download this setlist.

The reason is, this unit allows you to easily turn pedals on and off easily, you can also tap them and the three knobs to the right perform just like on a real pedal. When you turn it off, it gives the option to save changes or not, so they will go right back to where they were......................no worries.

I am also lazy, and willing to pay a few bucks for someone elses pre-sets, I found a website, and for $5 for multiple rigs, I thought what the hell sonic-dna.com/shop

They are fantastic, I ordered the 80's radio rock and the 80's rig pack as well as the free sampler. $10, no brainer what so ever. Also a guy @cowboy turned me onto, "Doc Mcfarland" has tons of easy to understand tutorials on almost everything

So, some tricks you need to know and remember if you want this to sound good, and I don't really see it covered out there.

1) If running through an amp, try it with turning the cab sim off. In my cab, I placed a Swamp Thing and a Texas Heat in it. Since I spend all this money on those speakers, obviously it was to get a sound I wanted. When running a cab sim, it muddys it up. Turn it off, it comes alive.
Now granted, maybe you have a more basic amp and speakers and the sim will maybe enhance your sound, but give it a run both ways.

2) When running through an amp, sometimes you wont see the cab option to turn it off, look for something called "IR" turn that off. Same reasons as above, but try both ways

3) When running through a PA, you probably want the cab sim/ IR. Now remember, the people who made the pre-sets, did it with their gear, yours may be totally different and require some tweaking. Dont get jazzy about all your gear and mad because it sounds like crap, breathe a minute, figure out what you dont like and adjust. a little. Especially check the amp sim settings, they are trying to recreate something, and the basics may be good for you, but not perfect

Okay, so this is mainly a Blues forum, and the things I mentioned were about the greatest music ever, 80;s hair rock. You can choose off to the side to create a new blank rig, I did my own bluesy one. To design it, I seem to prefer doing it through the PA and brining in a amp/ cab sim (IR), then placing on my amp and adjusting.

On this one I stacked things like the tube screamer models, and it worked well, easy to turn one off and on, change their color signature to make it easy to know which one to turn off when needed.

I thought this a month ago, and still sticking by it, I am pretty much done buying any main gear. My 4 main guitars, amp and cab, with the headrush as my sound board, I see zero reason to even look at anything else.

My Main gear

Headsrush Pedal Board
Main Guitars - Ibanez Jem, Ibanez s670, Dean MAB4, Epiphone LP Standard with Porter H90's
Buggera 1990 infinium 120 watt tube amp
Buggera 2x12 Cabinet (Upgraded speakers Swamp Thing and Texas Heat)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
You're giving me a head rush:rolleyes:

Glad you're in love!
Happy trails(y)

Of course, there will be something better coming down the line, hope you have a pre-nup.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
You're giving me a head rush:rolleyes:

Glad you're in love!
Happy trails(y)

Of course, there will be something better coming down the line, hope you have a pre-nup.
nah, I am actually one of those that once I am happy with something, I just stick with it. I like to look at new and shiny, but easily walk away

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
5 Weeks was when I decided that I hated my Avid 11r and it was a waste of money (yeah, later as I got better using it I changed my mind). So I figured this was about the correct time to go back to my Headrush, especially since it cost me 3 times as much. Also, previous ownership of the 11r really helps with understanding this unit, but, the learning curve is about 25% of the previous unit

Abridged version, so you don't have to read my long winded stuff

"This thing freaking rocks, it is awesome, just buy the damn thing, why are you still reading and not ordering it online "

Okay, the reality it takes a little while to learn to tweak and get sounds out of something. If you are into rock, I highly encourage downloading the free Traci Guns setlist thats out there. If you are new to pedals and dont really understand them, download this setlist.

The reason is, this unit allows you to easily turn pedals on and off easily, you can also tap them and the three knobs to the right perform just like on a real pedal. When you turn it off, it gives the option to save changes or not, so they will go right back to where they were......................no worries.

I am also lazy, and willing to pay a few bucks for someone elses pre-sets, I found a website, and for $5 for multiple rigs, I thought what the hell sonic-dna.com/shop

They are fantastic, I ordered the 80's radio rock and the 80's rig pack as well as the free sampler. $10, no brainer what so ever. Also a guy @cowboy turned me onto, "Doc Mcfarland" has tons of easy to understand tutorials on almost everything

So, some tricks you need to know and remember if you want this to sound good, and I don't really see it covered out there.

1) If running through an amp, try it with turning the cab sim off. In my cab, I placed a Swamp Thing and a Texas Heat in it. Since I spend all this money on those speakers, obviously it was to get a sound I wanted. When running a cab sim, it muddys it up. Turn it off, it comes alive.
Now granted, maybe you have a more basic amp and speakers and the sim will maybe enhance your sound, but give it a run both ways.

2) When running through an amp, sometimes you wont see the cab option to turn it off, look for something called "IR" turn that off. Same reasons as above, but try both ways

3) When running through a PA, you probably want the cab sim/ IR. Now remember, the people who made the pre-sets, did it with their gear, yours may be totally different and require some tweaking. Dont get jazzy about all your gear and mad because it sounds like crap, breathe a minute, figure out what you dont like and adjust. a little. Especially check the amp sim settings, they are trying to recreate something, and the basics may be good for you, but not perfect

Okay, so this is mainly a Blues forum, and the things I mentioned were about the greatest music ever, 80;s hair rock. You can choose off to the side to create a new blank rig, I did my own bluesy one. To design it, I seem to prefer doing it through the PA and brining in a amp/ cab sim (IR), then placing on my amp and adjusting.

On this one I stacked things like the tube screamer models, and it worked well, easy to turn one off and on, change their color signature to make it easy to know which one to turn off when needed.

I thought this a month ago, and still sticking by it, I am pretty much done buying any main gear. My 4 main guitars, amp and cab, with the headrush as my sound board, I see zero reason to even look at anything else.

My Main gear

Headsrush Pedal Board
Main Guitars - Ibanez Jem, Ibanez s670, Dean MAB4, Epiphone LP Standard with Porter H90's
Buggera 1990 infinium 120 watt tube amp
Buggera 2x12 Cabinet (Upgraded speakers Swamp Thing and Texas Heat)

Can you have more than one type of pedal in a preset? Like two overdrives or two delays, etc?

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Can you have more than one type of pedal in a preset? Like two overdrives or two delays, etc?
yep, personally I stacked the tube screamer pedal, you can also adjust what goes to the FX loop if you are using it, you have the ability to go to two different amp and cab sims.

What every you can do with pedals, and multiple amps, you can do with this