If you could only have one guitar

Doodlebug

Blues Newbie
Hi Guys,
I know some (most) of you are serious guitar collectors but if you could only have one; which one would it be?

tommytubetone

Great Lakes
I have 3 I freely rotate between and they all sound good to me, but I would give the nod to the Strat for its ergonomics.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Can I have one of these please

maxresdefault.jpg

cheers

Al.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
My Fender Acoustisonic. Acoustic and electric Tele in one.

Now, if I had the opportunity to plan ahead before I had to make the pick, I'd get a Variax and pick that one. :Beer:

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Without question, my PRS Pauls. The one in my profile pic. (Ok some question. Maybe some others close.) But play-ability, tone, versatility with coil tapping, just everything about it.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Without question, my PRS Pauls. The one in my profile pic. (Ok some question. Maybe some others close.) But play-ability, tone, versatility with coil tapping, just everything about it.

Yeah; if I weren't so much into acoustic my PRS singlecut semi-hollow (coil tapping and all that) would be the clear winner. It just can't replace an acoustic, however. For that matter it can't replace my bass, but them's another can o'worms.

Question wasn't one guitar of each main category; that'd be too easy. :Beer:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Wait. What?? I'm not sure I understand this question. "Only one"? I'm so confused!

OK - I'll play along. If you had asked me this question 10 years ago, I'd've said an acoustic of some sort, probably my D35 since I've got more history with that one. 5 years ago, I would have probably answered a specific Strat that Mrs Snarf bought me about 10 years ago now. These days, I'd probably say my Epi 339. The size and weight on it are really comfortable, and it's pretty versatile. It can clean up and get those airy, semi-hollow tones I've decided I really like, or it can get mean and nasty like a solid body dual 'bucker guitar. But that's also assuming that I have an amp, so I'm half back to saying an acoustic.

If I get an amp to go with it, I'd have to go with the 339 and my 7/15 watt Blackheart amp.

GeeDub

Mojo Seeker
Hope I never am in the position to have to decide for real! However, in keeping with the humor of this thread, I will offer this:

It is very difficult to decide between my Tele and Strat. It goes something like this: Tele, no, Strat, no, Tele, no...wait, no...

So, I guess Tele as it seems to be the one I grab the most frequently.