NGD (for Xmas)

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Thanks guys. I now understand why a lot of you love PRS guitars, I just cannot put it Down! Great tone , solid workmanship, wow.Thanks for the comments about my wife to, she is kinda special.

Doodlebug

Blues Newbie
Great looking guitar there, your wife is very generous. One question; why do you need ten guitars? (This could be a new thread)

BigMike

Blues Oldie
As I said to my wife before we went in the store "I don't really need another guitar". Then I couldn't believe what I had said! Anyway, is there any difference between not being able to play one properly as opposed to not being able to play ten properly? It's just a matter of scale!

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
When my wife asked me something similar a while back, I countered with asking why she needed 14 clubs in her golf bag. They're all just to hit the ball with, right?
I thought it was because that's the most you're allowed to have.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Thanks guys. I now understand why a lot of you love PRS guitars, I just cannot put it Down! Great tone , solid workmanship, wow.Thanks for the comments about my wife to, she is kinda special.
GReat guitar and even greater wife!
And yep! I had heard the raves from PRS owners but just couldn't fully appreciate the hype until I owned one. Now I can't see owning anything else. My next, on the slim chance there is another NGD for me, will be the McCarty 594.

Enjoy that guitar a long time and hang on to that wife.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Congrats Big Mike ... what pickups are in that beast? It's almost a direct clone in color/etc as my SE Pauls guitar but well it has extra knobs ha ha ...

Give us the specs please ha ha I dunno exactly what guitar that one is!

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Congrats Big Mike ... what pickups are in that beast? It's almost a direct clone in color/etc as my SE Pauls guitar but well it has extra knobs ha ha ...

Give us the specs please ha ha I dunno exactly what guitar that one is!

It's the PRS SE 245 Standard. It has the 245 S pickups and they are just amazing. They clean up really sweet but put some drive in them and they are wicked. Very responsive to slight adjustments in volume. I mostly play through a Helix LT these days and this guitar pared with the Friedman BE is just awesome. It has a wide mahogany neck on this model which I like because I have big hands and I am used to a Les Paul traditional which is a similar size. I have had it a few days now and I have to say I am well impressed. If I can ever afford another high end guitar it will definitely be a PRS.