Hi from Devon, UK

Tangled_up_in_Blue

Blues Newbie
Hi folks
Great to be here! I mucked around with guitar about 15 years ago and decided 6 months ago to get serious and invest some time learning. The resources available today are fantastic and none better than BGU! I've tried other stuff and although I've only had BGU for a couple of days I think I have landed in a good place. I love the blues and really warm to Griff's personality, playing, and teaching method. I'm looking forward to the journey...

artyman

Fareham UK
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, usually on buying more guitars amps and pedals :LOL:, seriously though make yourself at home and take a wander down to the basement and check out the Virtual Jam Room, a great place for beginners to try out their skills, you have to provide your own beer though.

We have a meetup of the UK mob each year (though not this year ! ) each October, you can check out some of what happens here. It's always a great time so keep an eye out for 2021

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJYaeP3xMu4U6ds-C988IHPJDMtev0FZB

Last edited:

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the Clan Tangled_up_in_Blue. I'm glad you found us. That's a great song you're using as a moniker, so I know you've got great taste in music. You're going to be very welcome here!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Welcome to the forum.
Be sure to let us know if you have any questions.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo! Take a look around and join in the fun.

Tangled_up_in_Blue

Blues Newbie
Welcome to the Clan Tangled_up_in_Blue. I'm glad you found us. That's a great song you're using as a moniker, so I know you've got great taste in music. You're going to be very welcome here!
Thanks. Glad you like the song moniker; I'm a huge Dylan fan so kinda made sense. You have a clever moniker - assuming your name is Ed! LOL. P.S. I love Keef as well.

Tangled_up_in_Blue

Blues Newbie
Hi and welcome from one of the UK mob, great bunch of folk on here with plenty of advice and encouragement, usually on buying more guitars amps and pedals :LOL:, seriously though make yourself at home and take a wander down to the basement and check out the Virtual Jam Room, a great place for beginners to try out their skills, you have to provide your own beer though.

We have a meetup of the UK mob each year (though not this year ! ) each October, you can check out some of what happens here. It's always a great time so keep an eye out for 2021

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLJYaeP3xMu4U6ds-C988IHPJDMtev0FZB
Hi Artyman
Thanks for the welcome. Great idea to have a UK meet-up. Looks like a lot of guitar players in that band! LOL
I used to live in/around Fareham for many years. My daughter still lives near Park Gate. Cheers!