Rough TIme

James77

Student of the Blues
Hey all, my mom passed away Sat. She had Alzheimer's. Man, this is the toughest thing I've ever dealt with. Haven't felt like touching a guitar till this evening. Felt guilty for playing.

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Sorry for your loss. Have lost 2 family members to that terrible disease, and I feel your pain.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Sad news, indeed. My condolences. Alzheimer's took my grandmother, it was hard to see that strong-willed woman decline like that.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
My mom passed away from heart disease about 12 years ago, but had early stages of dementia. The only positive thing was not having to see her decline, but the experience was still grueling. Please accept my condolences.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Sorry for your loss James.
Whatever it takes to get you through the rough times.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Sorry to hear you lost your mother. I lost mine June 2005. Mom was 90, very active, loved to sing, talk about politics and many other subjects. She died of a heart attack. I think of her every day. I love to think about all the fun we had together since I can remember, with memories going back to when I was 9 months old. She taught me so many things for which I am grateful. A love of music was but one thing my mom taught me.

You might need a breather before you take up the guitar, but playing the guitar may help down the road. It helps to talk to someone close to you.

I lost my brother to Dementia, April of this year. Bill was 20 months younger then me.

We have to try to do our best while we are able to do so. Take it easy, and think good thoughts. That would make your mom happy!

Tom

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Still lucky enough to have my folks here, but they're now at that age that every time I go visit them I'm faced with the fact that they're closing in on the inevitable. Prayers, happy thoughts, and positive mojo headed your way. If you need anything, let one of us know.

sloslunas

NM Blues
Very hard to hear this news. Lost both of my parents, and it is very hard to deal with. I wish you the best on moving forward...

Steve

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
So sorry for your loss. My Mom passed away almost two years ago to the day. She had some dementia near the end, but nothing compared to Alzheimer's.

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
My condolences. My mother passed from cancer at 62 six years ago. Don't feel guilty about playing your guitar. Do whatever feels right that helps you get through this difficult time as long as it's not hurting anyone else.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Sorry for your loss, it took my Mom as well, thoughts and prayers to you and yours! Your guitar can be a great avenue to release your emotions!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
My condolences to you and your family.

Losing a loved one is never easy and you just can't say how your sorrow will emerge.

Feel sad, don't feel guilty.
Reach for what sooths you. .
Your music may help the heeling when it's time.

I can tell you that since I began creating my own blues songs, it's been a great outlet for feelings that I might not have been expressed otherwise.

May she rest in peace.