Cables

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
I use GLS with one straight and one angled, I just turn it around and put the angled end on the amp side and use the straight end on my Tele and Strat guitars.

Yep! That is what I did. But I solved the problem! I got rid of my Tele and Strat! :cool::eek::)

Tom

straightblues

Blues Junior
I have tried from super expensive to cheap cables. I can't tell much difference in most of them. Although I do have a coily cable that is noticable darker than my other cables. So in my humble opinion, as long as you don't buy the cheapest $5 cable you can find, you will be in good shape. When buying cable, I try to buy those with quality plugs so I can keep them for a long time.

One final thought, all cable eventually break. So figure out how to fix them when they do, or buy ones with lifetime replacement.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I remember when life was so much simpler. When I was playing in bands in my misspent youth, I used to buy a 100 foot reel of Belden RG-58U coaxial cable with stranded center conductors and a dozen or so Switchcraft 1/4" plugs and make my own. I have no idea as how using RF transmission cable might have affected the audio that traveled through them. We never talked about stuff like that back then. They weren't pretty or cloth covered, but as I recall, they worked extremely well.

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
I bought a cheap braided "no-frills" 6 meter cable, one connector angled, the other straight. Sounds great, no regrets.
No sense in paying big bucks if the cheaper stuff does the job just as well.
I guess I'd act otherwise if I were a professional guitar player, but as a home player it suits me and my needs well enough.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Yes, I got rid of them. :eek: Everyone is different! I like my Gretsch best of all! :cool: I even got rid of my Santana. I still have my Lucille 355, and a few other electrics. I only have one pedal, a Keeley Luna Overdrive, and rarely use it. My preference is to just pick up my guitar and play. I do have a nice rack of electronics goodies for recording. I like to record "raw", and then feed it through my ART preamp, Lexicon MPX110 Processor, an AudioSource Graphic Equalizer, and a model 1773 Really Nice Compressor.

I do not like software to modify my recordings, as I ended up spending too much time adjusting each plug in, and prefer hardware - set it once and away you go! More time for playing guitar! The concept of having the right guitar, pick ups, strings, frets, neck, picks, pedals, etc. is not my cup of tea. But I must admit that I do like a good cup of tea! :):Beer:

Tom

MinorT

Got My Mojo Working???
Big LIVE WIRE fan, they work, clean tone, solid connectors. These and Ernie Ball is all I use and have no regrets.