Miscellaneous Show us your Guitar,Amp,Pedalboard

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
Another gratuitous shot of my Gibson ES-335, in the center. I inherited a cheap bass and acoustic from the son of my girlfriend. Apparently gathering dust in his closet for years. And I picked up a Yamaha THR30ii, which really makes doing lessons and jamming with tracks via computer or iPhone a breeze!! Sounds great, and has a bass emulator in there so I've started to learn some blues bass too.

Side note: Need to put a get a couple more off the floor and put others away. Things are getting a little chaotic!!

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Rocker 15 is tube, not familiar with the other

The one on the right looks like it might be one of the Crush series. If so, they are solid-state. There is a 35 watt 10 inch and a 50 watt single 12 inch or dual 12-inch speaker option. I was eyeballing the single 12-inch option for a while. There was a guy on youtube who did a series of videos with the head and cab version. It looked like an interesting option for a solid-state. I was looking for a solid-state back up to my tube amp.

MinorT

Got My Mojo Working???
So Amp A is Orange Rocker 15 tube amp with VOW 10”, Amp B is a Orange Crush 35RT solid state amp. But here’s the trick with the 35RT, I run a Dunlop EP101 preamp in the FX loop and I promise you will have a very hard time telling me whether the 35RT is a tube amp or not.
I run them both though a Radial Big Shot A/B/Y passive switch.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Last time I posted my pedalboard here was late last February. I'd configured a small board that was going to go in the RV with us for six months of travel starting in April or May. Well, that didn't happen. But the board has been reconstructed, expanded, and repurposed to live under the desk in my Home Studio (what I used to call my Office, but I'm not working anymore, just trying to play guitar, so...). Anyway, after several iterations and a couple of additions, here it is:

straightMed.jpg

The pedal order is Tuner >> EQ >> Fuzz (purple, JHS mini foot) >> Tumnus >> Tube Screamer >> Tech21 Blonde >> Ibanez Trem >> Chorus >> Delay >> Reverb >> Boost >> Looper. The EQ is newest and it is mainly for a clean boost up front because my strat and tele have much lower output than my humbucker-equipped PRS, but it can also do some tone tweaking - I just got it, so haven't played with it much. The sansamp is usually at a clean setting a little before breakup and the TS has the gain set low and the level dimed to drive the sansamp into overdrive. The Tumnus (Klon clone) can be stacked on top of that or run alone. (BTW if that interests you, take a look at Griff's AAP gear sessions on OD, Marshall sound, TS, Klon clones, etc. - there are several.) After the sansamp come the modulation pedals. Tremolo and chorus are fun but rarely used, delay and reverb are always on. EP boost at the end of the line can just make everything louder.

I've been making my boards by covering plywood with velcro loop fabric. This is two sections velcroed together with an angled support under the larger one. Still needs some tweaking, but I'm kind of enjoying it. Another view:

angleMed.jpg

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Last time I posted my pedalboard here was late last February. I'd configured a board that was going to go in the RV with us for six months of travel starting in April or May. Well, that didn't happen. But the board has been reconstructed and repurposed to live under the desk in my Home Studio (what I used to call my Office, but I'm not working anymore, just trying to play guitar, so...). Anyway, after several iterations and a couple of additions, here it is:

View attachment 13287

The pedal order is Tuner >> EQ >> Fuzz (purple, JHS mini foot) >> Tumnus >> Tube Screamer >> Tech21 Blonde >> Ibanez Trem >> Chorus >> Delay >> Reverb >> Boost >> Looper. The EQ is newest and it is mainly for a clean boost up front because my strat and tele have much lower output than my humbucker-equipped PRS, but it can also do some tone tweaking - I just got it, so haven't played with it much. The sansamp is usually at a clean setting a little before breakup and the TS has the gain set low and the level dimed to drive the sansamp into overdrive. The Tumnus (Klon clone) can be stacked on top of that or run alone. (BTW if that interests you, take a look at Griff's AAP gear sessions on OD, Marshall sound, TS, Klon clones, etc. - there are several.) Then come the modulation pedals. Tremolo and chorus are fun but rarely used, delay and reverb are always on. EP boost at the end of the line can just make everything louder.

I've been making my boards by covering plywood with velcro loop fabric. This is two sections velcroed together with an angled support under the larger one. Still needs some tweaking, but I'm kind of enjoying it. Another view:

View attachment 13290
Looks like mini land!
Cool!
I used to live aboard my boat, I can relate to scaling things down.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
Nicely done!!
Very nice! Can you share some thoughts about that Tumnus->Tube Screamer pairing? I'm curious. :Beer:
Looks like mini land!
Cool!
I used to live aboard my boat, I can relate to scaling things down.
Nice looking board there.

Thank you all for the comments!

@MarkDyson, I'll try to record a little bit tomorrow & see if I can show how it works. If you have AAP, check out the Gear session from 8-27-19 (called Klon Vs TS).

Last edited: