Questions for today?

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Hey all, if you're coming to today's workshop and you have some questions that you'd like me to answer, list them here.

I realize that "in the heat of battle" it can sometimes be hard to time in a question, so if you have something that's been bugging you, you can take some time here and I'll be able to read these and answer them at some point in today's session.

Also, I have real internet again, I don't expect any glitches or issues. While it's not amazing by city-folk standards, it's better than I've ever had :)

MarcV

Blues Junior
Hi Griff, probably no answer to this but would like to hear your comments:

100% clear that the most important first step is to slow down to tempo where you are completely comfortable tapping out rhythm, no matter how slow.
Are there any guidelines for next step, IE target tempos where if you can do it at that temp you pretty much "own" the rhythm for practical purposes IE being able to play it at reasonable tempos. I am guessing it varies depending on whether it is 8th note rhythm's or triplet and 16th note rhythm's which we have not done yet.
Off top of my head I am thinking like 120 bpm for eighth note rhythm's, 100 or so for triplet and 70 bpm or so for 16th note....