Amps Best tube amp I've ever owned!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Our fact checkers have found this to be a misleading statement.
According to our fact checkers, "Ain't no Quilter amp made got tubes."
(Why not? Everyone else seems to be doing it.)
cheesy.gif

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Let me see: Allow me to say this about tube amps. As an electronics engineer, and having been involved with electronics for many years (I have even built many tube amplifiers!) , I would like to say:

1. Tubes require replacement, and cost money. The quality of tubes today is questionable.

2. They require additional electricity to operate when compared to solid state devices. (ie. filament)

3. They produce HEAT! This may lead to global warming. Whoops! My post will now be deleted! I have said something political! Heaven forbid! Whoops! Another reason to delete my post! A reference to religion.

When you find that amplifier that you like, please enjoy it, regardless of what may be inside.
Be like a parent: It does not matter what your kid does. You will always love him, her or it. So learn to love your amplifier. It will make you happy. ;)

Tom

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
My favorite amp has 4 tubes; 2 to make it sound good and 2 to make my ears bleed (if I so desire).

My little music room is on the second floor and since we're only up there when we go to bed, we tend to leave the heat turned down up there and it gets a little chilly in the Winter so those tubes also serve as a sort of ad hoc space heater.

Then of course there's the odor they produce - that intoxicating combination of ozone mixed with what has been best described as burnt chlorine.

Between the tone, the heat and the odors, tube amps are a veritable smorgasbord of sensory stimuli.

They may indeed require more care and feeding than their solid state counterparts but the complexity and richness of their sound along with their other sensory offerings renders some periodic maintenance a very small price to pay for the experience.

Mmmm...tuuubes! :Beer: