Lost And Lonesome (an original)

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Great track Moto. I'm getting a more confident vibe from your vocal in this piece.(y) Love the sound of the organ. Really like the tone of the lead guitar, and the playing.(y)(y)

I personally would like to hear a little bit more bottom on the bass to fill the song out a bit more. (and I mean just a little):)

Apart from that. Love it.(y)(y)

PS I hope you're not speaking from personal experience with this song.o_O

arock

Help! I'm a rock
Very nice! Digging the guitar. Really like your choice of notes and phrasing for the solo starting about 1:45. Wishing you had gone another 12 bars with it. Great job!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Great track Moto. I'm getting a more confident vibe from your vocal in this piece.(y) Love the sound of the organ. Really like the tone of the lead guitar, and the playing.(y)(y)

I personally would like to hear a little bit more bottom on the bass to fill the song out a bit more. (and I mean just a little):)

Apart from that. Love it.(y)(y)

PS I hope you're not speaking from personal experience with this song.o_O
Thanks MM,
No, just a fictional tale.
I really struggled with the mix on this one. I agree with the "more bass" idea, I'll run with that, then maybe just little something else might do it.
Oh, guitar tone....that's a blend of two amps Victoria & Nace.
I thought about kissing the Nace good bye, then I started experimenting with this dual amp set up.
I kinds like it!

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Very nice! Digging the guitar. Really like your choice of notes and phrasing for the solo starting about 1:45. Wishing you had gone another 12 bars with it. Great job!
Thanks Arock,
Actually, I cut the solo back by 12, I thought I was overstaying the welcome:rolleyes:

Elwood

Blues
Great progression and lyrics build up Moto! (y) Nice tune!!! :Beer: My weird idea for constructive critique?
Nothin wrong with your voice, this song just sounds (to me) like it wants you to apply it a bit differently. You have a melancholy mood with the lyrics, so, I think you should try a run on this tune where you hit the opening vocals hard. You're coming in with the sad, but if you came in hard, like some of the gospel feel. You know, like you're lost and lonesome and you're letting it out right here! The sad lyrics with the "sad" feeling delivery...naw, tell it!!! :thumbup: (you can do it!)
Your studio work is always beyond my ability to constructively analyze so all I can do is tell you how the tune makes me feel. There ya go! :)
You are very talented and prolific Moto!!! :Beer: (take a break and come play VJR:D)

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Great progression and lyrics build up Moto! (y) Nice tune!!! :Beer: My weird idea for constructive critique?
Nothin wrong with your voice, this song just sounds (to me) like it wants you to apply it a bit differently. You have a melancholy mood with the lyrics, so, I think you should try a run on this tune where you hit the opening vocals hard. You're coming in with the sad, but if you came in hard, like some of the gospel feel. You know, like you're lost and lonesome and you're letting it out right here! The sad lyrics with the "sad" feeling delivery...naw, tell it!!! :thumbup: (you can do it!)
Your studio work is always beyond my ability to constructively analyze so all I can do is tell you how the tune makes me feel. There ya go! :)
You are very talented and prolific Moto!!! :Beer: (take a break and come play VJR:D)
Thanks Elwood,

I'll ponder the vocal redo.
:thumbup:

Last edited:

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
There's a considerable jump in volume on the remix, so it's hard to compare like for like, but it sounds like there's more 'air' about the remixed version. The organ seems to be stronger in the remix, especially at the start. I think I prefer the original organ. Sorry.:( I am really liking the guitar work and tone on this track.(y)

When you belt it out at 'I'm done cryin', I think the drums need to come up a bit more, as I think they get a little lost in the mix. Just a Db or so of automation during that louder part.

MarcV

Blues Junior
Hey Capt'n. Way gooder in second mix and the first one was already good. Great stuff. The bluesy guitar throughout along with the vocal are perfect match. Glad to hear the song is not autobiographical.:whistle: