All hands on deck!!

david moon

Attempting the Blues
That guitar looks a lot like the fake 'Through necks" that I have in my 80s collection of guitars and basses. What makes it so special. Just a limited edition?

sloslunas

NM Blues
That guitar looks a lot like the fake 'Through necks" that I have in my 80s collection of guitars and basses. What makes it so special. Just a limited edition?
Well David...my initial plan was to buy a good banjo. Then it dawned on me that there is no such thing as a "good" banjo. So I decided to settle for one of these instead. Why? Just because...

Steve

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Good luck Steve. I hope you are able to get the deal you want! I look forward to hearing good news.

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Keep us posted. Another one listed last night, but, by the time you add shipping in, the asking price is the same. I'll link you to that one if the other doesn't pan out for you.

What makes it so special. Just a limited edition?
That's pretty much what it was. In 2015, Fender did a series called 10 for '15. 10 special runs with each limited to a total of 500 guitars. The only ones I remember were this longboard Strat (easily the most interesting of the bunch imho), a double-cut Tele, I think they did one called a shortboard guitar that wasn't a Strat (but don't remember which body), a solid black strat (everything - or most everything - on it was black), and then the others that I don't remember.

Here's a link that tells you the different models they did. I actually got curious enough while typing this that I looked it up. Just a special run of guitars for 2015. I think all of them except the Longboard Strat have pretty much already faded into obscurity.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Congrats! Now, we are eagerly awaiting the recording...
Wait.... he actually plays them?
Stoner.gif

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
How cool is this? A community pulling together to assist in the finding of a sought after grail of a guitar!! Glad you were able to strike a deal.

Looking forward to a bit of a photo spread and a recording or three.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Glad it worked out for you, Steve. Of course, now cowboy and I are going to be expecting some blistering solos from you at the next BGU Live. :D

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
This has all the earmarks of Spinal Tap scene.

"Nigel (Steve) is as cautious as ever with his prize. He has the longboard under round-the-clock surveillance by an armed guard, and to this day resists the temptation to plug it in. "It's kind of a Zen thing," he muses. "Playing it would be kind of like unvirgining a virgin."' :rolleyes:
I know it's special and all, but I think that every now and then you should give the guard a day off, plug in the longboard and turn the amp up to eleven! :Beer:

Or at least drag a pick across the strings once in a while. :sick: