How not to sell gear

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Updates? Folks might be disappointed in the rate of Helix updates but InMusic has literally released only a handful of updates since release with very little in terms of added amps/FX. From the beginning, it was pretty apparent that they'd recompiled the 11R code, added a touchscreen, and thought that they could get away with selling a $1000 processor without investing in updates.

As for marketing, they launched the product right before NAMM and did their darnedest to keep anyone from actually seeing the thing.
honestly, if it doesnexactly what my 11r does, and I can make the settings the same, it will be perfect for me. I want to move the 11r to acoustic only guitars, as I do more changes while playing with the electric

aleclee

Tribe of One
honestly, if it doesnexactly what my 11r does, and I can make the settings the same, it will be perfect for me. I want to move the 11r to acoustic only guitars, as I do more changes while playing with the electric
If what you're looking for is an updated 11R, it's a great fit, if somewhat pricey for what you get relative to other comparable products.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
If what you're looking for is an updated 11R, it's a great fit, if somewhat pricey for what you get relative to other comparable products.
I looked at the helix, and truthfully, I dont catch on to the tech very easily then get frustrated.
The headrush with the touchscreen, and it appears to have some of the same pedals might have the value to me

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
If you just want an amp replacement with a couple of pedals in front (plenty available but only 6 blocks so limited to active pedals). Then the HXStomp may fit the bill. And not to spendy either. This also comes with a touchscreen. If I hadn't just put together a mini board with a Atomic Amplifirebox I may have got one.

cheers

Al.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
If you just want an amp replacement with a couple of pedals in front (plenty available but only 6 blocks so limited to active pedals). Then the HXStomp may fit the bill. And not to spendy either. This also comes with a touchscreen. If I hadn't just put together a mini board with a Atomic Amplifirebox I may have got one.

cheers

Al.
pretty cool...................a few things for me are important, XLR out to PA and USB interface for recording

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Got usb but no XLR. Has 2 outputs that I believe you can split and send one to amp one to PA but normal 1/4" outs.

cheers

Al.

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
For the price of a headrush gig board, you could get an Atomic AA6 and a focusrite or presonus interface that will both sound better than the headrush, and support microphones for vocals and acoustics. A used AA3 will save you a few hundred bucks. Does the iridium have XLR outs? That could be an affordable option as well.

The podGo could work but the balanced outs are TRS so you would need an adapter or TRS to XLR cables. Obviously the bigger Helix, plus Kemper and Fractal stuff will work if you want to spend more.

The headrush are now Stone Age modeling, and are not worth the money. If you want 11R modeling, get a used 11R for a fraction of the price.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
For the price of a headrush gig board, you could get an Atomic AA6 and a focusrite or presonus interface that will both sound better than the headrush, and support microphones for vocals and acoustics. A used AA3 will save you a few hundred bucks. Does the iridium have XLR outs? That could be an affordable option as well.

The podGo could work but the balanced outs are TRS so you would need an adapter or TRS to XLR cables. Obviously the bigger Helix, plus Kemper and Fractal stuff will work if you want to spend more.

The headrush are now Stone Age modeling, and are not worth the money. If you want 11R modeling, get a used 11R for a fraction of the price.
I have an 11r, which was some of the appeal as I am familiar with the sounds. It is being relegated to the acoustic guitars now, was thinking the headrush for the electric..................currently I use a tascam 1200 for recording interface for most thigs, gonna check out the AA6

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
I have an 11r, which was some of the appeal as I am familiar with the sounds. It is being relegated to the acoustic guitars now, was thinking the headrush for the electric..................currently I use a tascam 1200 for recording interface for most thigs, gonna check out the AA6

The atomic world is definitely a bit of a learning curve from the 11R, but IMHO it sounds and feels much closer to playing a real amp. (I have an 11R on my desk, AA6 under it, and several tube amps to my right so I can listen to them back to back) The key is that you do need to find the right speaker IR's to get the most out of it, but more importantly, you have the option to do so!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Got an AXE-FX III to replace my 11R, kind of pricy but a perfect replacement
My Eleven Racks will live on for quite a while as recording interfaces. They provide me (at any time) with a stereo modeled guitar signal and a simultaneous dry guitar signal, a mic input and a pair of line level inputs at latency so low, Studio One calls it Zero Latency. No matter what I add to my gear, these will likely be used until they both die of old age. :D