Who or What?

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
please I need to find the Tabs for this song. Does anyone know where I can find it?
Tom, Griff has a lesson based on "Need Your Love So Bad", and it's called something like 8-BAR BLUES WITH A BRIDGE. It's up on the Blog - sorry I can't give you a link to it, but it's worth searching for.

Elio

Student Of The Blues
I had to really think a little bit about that one. I think these were my two. Ray Manzerek's keyboard solo totally changed how I listened to music. A friend of my business partner was touring with Manzerek a few years ago doing a keyboard/poetry thing. My partner tagged along when they were local to help lug around gear. I kept thinking I would join them and get to meet Manzerek but he passed away shortly afterward.

Last edited:

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
The Beatles, Eric Clapton, Hank Marvin, Gary Moore, Tommy Emmanuel, Bob Dylan, The Animals, Aris San (Greek Music)
Lots of different styles and influences...

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I have no idea. I got interested in playing guitar from going to sleep listening to the only radio station we could get, which was 100% country, back in the 50's.

BigBear58

Blues Newbie
Who was the Artist or what was the sound that made you decide you had to try and play guitar, early on I really dug Steve Marriott on Humble Pie's "Smokin," album "Thirty Days in The Hole" was a favorite, but I think it was when a friend turned me on to CSN&Y that really did it particularly Neil Young and Steve Stills contributions on "4 Way Street"

Actually, I think it was a couple of kids from high school who worked up some Neil Young and CSNY and James Taylor, and played them at Friday night socials. All cowboy chords, as I recall, but the girls loved it. I figured, heck, how hard can this be?

Without bothering to learn any Neil or CSNY (I did learn "Horse with No Name"), Blow by Blow fell into my lap, and it was all over from there.

And I never got any girls from my guitar playing.

62 now, the "getting girls" thing is a few years past the point, now I just want to play some blues and the odd Allman Bros or Eric Clapton song.