how about Nashville in 2021

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Memphis is probably more appropriate. I seem to remember there was someone "on the ground" there that helped with the arrangements.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Memphis is probably more appropriate. I seem to remember there was someone "on the ground" there that helped with the arrangements.

Yep Pete did a great job. Griff traveled there and he and Pete serendipitously found that great venue.
They were hunting venues and not having much luck. they stopped for lunch & they got to talking with he owner about their quest. He told them that they place they were currently in, has a basement venue and it was a place that Elvis Practiced regularly. They worked out a deal and the rest is history.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
If discussions of this continue would we be talking early '21, mid '21, late '21?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
If discussions of this continue would we be talking early '21, mid '21, late '21?

BGU Live is usually during Griff's kids' spring break, so I'll be surprised if 21 is happening at all. "Local" BGU events could happen though.

sloslunas

NM Blues
BGU Live is usually during Griff's kids' spring break, so I'll be surprised if 21 is happening at all. "Local" BGU events could happen though.
Aren't you the guy that burned that guys truck to the ground for parking in your space??

Steve

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Aren't you the guy that burned that guys truck to the ground for parking in your space??

Steve
You mean this one?

BurnBus.jpg

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
I'm down for Nashville any time... but I will preface that with the fact that it ain't cheap there. The hotels in the main part of town, or even a little outside the downtown area can run $300+ a night. Might have to look a little outside the main drag.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
I'm down for Nashville any time... but I will preface that with the fact that it ain't cheap there. The hotels in the main part of town, or even a little outside the downtown area can run $300+ a night. Might have to look a little outside the main drag.
that is certainly a consideration. I have been there a couple of times, but on the company's dime. If you are ever there, check out the Opryland Hotel for Vegas-style excess.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Yeah i would go but need vaccine out for a while first.

I think mid 2021 would be earliest viable probably ...

backSlash

I prefer my kale with a silent "k"
I’m in for anywhere in 2021. Nashville would be great, as would Memphis. FWIW I love Pittsburgh, too.