All hands on deck!!

sloslunas

NM Blues
I'll see your mall crawler bro-truck and raise it a real example. :whistle:

Please note the diamond plate brush guard on the front that offers real protection for when you've been out for a night on the town, aren't paying attention, and clip the gate post on the way back up the driveway to the hacienda. Also, not pictured, are the diamond plate rear bumper with an actual, useable trailer hitch, as well as the fifth-wheel connection in the bed to be used when you need to hook up the gooseneck livestock trailer. However, you can tell this one is for sale because its cowling over the back wheels is fixed and isn't cracked from where they clipped either the gate or bounced the curb and got that protective pole at the local drive-thru. Also note that this one doesn't require a step ladder to get in. The TX flags in the background are a nice touch...kinda puts a tear in my eye and makes me want to stand up and salute.

But most importantly, and pictured on both trucks, is the door to the back seat where Steve can carefully place (and even buckle up) that Longboard Strat to be safely transported from one end of his compound to the other. :ROFLMAO:

BTW - I totally kid. Where I live in the Metroplex, as far as dualies go, the work trucks still outnumber the bro-trucks ever so slightly, but, since I still live in a neighborhood on the edge of town, the closest dually to me is the bro-truck the guy next door just bought. He repairs cars and just bought it to pull his trailer...with a trailer hitch that has about an 8 or 12-inch drop on it.

File0_031666.jpg
So Snarf...I am confused.(as always). Is this your beast??

Steve

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
So Snarf...I am confused.(as always). Is this your beast??

Steve
Nope. That's a rando I found on the interwebs when I googled crew-dually, although I think I saw it was for sale at a cash and carry dealership here in the area. I've known plenty of folks over the years that have had pretty much what I described all the way down to the cracked cowling in the back (I've got relatives down outside Seguin whose line of work has been the family farm since before I was around), and a buddy of mine drove his around for a while with one wheel sticking out because he wasn't paying attention and took the cowling off at a bank's drive thru one day.

My ride is an FJ Cruiser...able to keep up with any jeep out there, but reliable enough to be a daily driver too. No offense to any Jeep drivers that may be around. :whistle: Of course the real offense is when one of the uninitiated in the finer aspects of 4-wheel drive vehicles refers to the FJ as "your Jeep." :ROFLMAO:

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
I'll see your mall crawler bro-truck and raise it a real example. :whistle:

Please note the diamond plate brush guard on the front that offers real protection for when you've been out for a night on the town, aren't paying attention, and clip the gate post on the way back up the driveway to the hacienda. Also, not pictured, are the diamond plate rear bumper with an actual, useable trailer hitch, as well as the fifth-wheel connection in the bed to be used when you need to hook up the gooseneck livestock trailer. However, you can tell this one is for sale because its cowling over the back wheels is fixed and isn't cracked from where they clipped either the gate or bounced the curb and got that protective pole at the local drive-thru. Also note that this one doesn't require a step ladder to get in. The TX flags in the background are a nice touch...kinda puts a tear in my eye and makes me want to stand up and salute.

But most importantly, and pictured on both trucks, is the door to the back seat where Steve can carefully place (and even buckle up) that Longboard Strat to be safely transported from one end of his compound to the other. :ROFLMAO:

BTW - I totally kid. Where I live in the Metroplex, as far as dualies go, the work trucks still outnumber the bro-trucks ever so slightly, but, since I still live in a neighborhood on the edge of town, the closest dually to me is the bro-truck the guy next door just bought. He repairs cars and just bought it to pull his trailer...with a trailer hitch that has about an 8 or 12-inch drop on it.

File0_031666.jpg

With a Cummins diesel in this, I would actually prefer it over the bling of the F-350. I wouldn't feel nearly as guilty about not washing this as I would the Ford.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I am sorry Steve. I apologize for this bunch of miscreant yahoos who can't stick to a subject if their lives depended on it. I have no frigging idea why a dually that is nothing but a useless dangerous toboggan on our winter roads here has anything to do with helping you find a longboard Strat.

And a long board uke or banjo? COME ON, MAN.

I am surprised they haven't offered up suggestions on where you could buy a surf board and a shop full of woodworking tools.

Last edited:

Stinger22

Blues Junior
A shot of it today. I also put some walnut control knobs on the tone and volume pots. Note the 2nd string tree.

IMG_4836 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

Closeup of the walnut knobs? The selector knob cost as much as the 3 vol and 2 tone knobs. I have the extra tone somewhere.

IMG_4838 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

And the shielding. I hated to do it, but I couldn't stand the noise without it.

IMG_4837 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

When I was about 12 years old had been taking piano for four years and then the Beatles came out and AM radio under the pillow at night. My brother had a carport band playing all the surf music and hits, we lived on the coast and "tried" to surf. I bought a Harmony acoustic off one of the guitar players for $15! Anyway what a guitar that would have been back then. Beautiful guitar wish I had one in the collection.