New laptop its a screamer

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
AF95E702-521C-4CFF-B5FF-60A03D4BCDEA.jpeg From a united way auction this beast is an hp zbook 15 g3 with 64 gb ddr4 ram and a 1 tb m.2 nvme ssd.

I always wanted a laptop with 64 gb of memory yee haa! Giddyup boys!!

*** Edit: this is used but in perfect shape. HP zbooks are now on g5 this is g3 model so theres a bunch of badder laptops ... but its fine for me.

Last edited:

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
64Gb RAM !!!.

Yeah my first job after college i was programming in BAL ( ibm assembly language ) and PL1. The big computer at work some model of 370 had 16 Mb it was crazy big everyone talked about how much main memory it had. Wait maybe the big one was some other model i cant remember anymore ...

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Man, you must be running several heavy duty apps or a couple of virtual machines to make use of 64gigs of RAM!
A 6th generation i7 is indeed going to be a peppy processor for a laptop!

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Man, you must be running several heavy duty apps or a couple of virtual machines to make use of 64gigs of RAM!

This one is an obsoleted developer machine from where I work. It was scrubbed etc but the hardware in it remained as is. The work environment doing agile yeah the machines need to be pretty beefy lots of shite flying around soaking up memory and cpu and internal disk.

My current work laptop ( I'm a database geek and developer ) is an hp book 15 g5 has the same amount of ram but a Xeon E-2176M processor. That one has a 2 TB m.2 SSD also. But it's not exactly the same ha ha when it's not really yours eh?

Yeah the 6th generation I7's with 8 mb of level 3 cache are pretty mighty. Plus this has a 1 TB m.2 NVMe SSD ( toshiba oem ).

I do have some stuff at times I play around with at home using some Linux VM's and Oracle databases within that uses some part of that huge memory space.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Crazy cool! Both of my Mac Pro desktops only have 32GB each and I've been using them for 3D modeling, animating, and rendering. That laptop sounds like a beast. :Beer: