Just when I thought I'd seen it all:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I was laying on the couch half a sleep and Sharon was flipping thru the channels trying to find "Walker Texas Ranger". (her favorite)...she "David-David you got to see this"---I forced one eye open and there it was---
a 'World Series playoff game between Philadelphia and some other team---they had the stadium seats filled with CARDBOARD CUTOUT figures---and if THAT WASN'T ENOUGH they EVEN HAD a canned cheering section from the fans----This is the be the BIG_UN boys---here I come.:eek::eek::eek:

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
I was laying on the couch half a sleep and Sharon was flipping thru the channels trying to find "Walker Texas Ranger". (her favorite)...she "David-David you got to see this"---I forced one eye open and there it was---
a 'World Series playoff game between Philadelphia and some other team---they had the stadium seats filled with CARDBOARD CUTOUT figures---and if THAT WASN'T ENOUGH they EVEN HAD a canned cheering section from the fans----This is the be the BIG_UN boys---here I come.:eek::eek::eek:
The playoffs haven't started yet. You were watching a regular-season game. Most of the teams currently are using cardboard cutouts of fans. I'm a White Sox fan, and they charged $49 dollars to make your picture into one and put it in a seat, proceeds going to White Sox Charities. I'm supposing that other teams are doing something similar. There is also recorded fan noise.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Although I appreciate the human achievement that athletes demonstrate, I'm not a huge fan of professional sports.
I guess I'm more of a casual observer.

I find it difficult to be too enthusiastic about paying to watch millionaires play for billionaires, in stadiums that tax payers fund.

Putting cardboard cut outs in the seats is ridiculous and paying to put your picture there is NUTS!

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Although I appreciate the human achievement that athletes demonstrate, I'm not a huge fan of professional sports.
I guess I'm more of a casual observer.

I find it difficult to be too enthusiastic about paying to watch millionaires play for billionaires, in stadiums that tax payers fund.

Putting cardboard cut outs in the seats is ridiculous and paying to put your picture there is NUTS!
They’re making money to give to charity. I don’t see anything bad about that!

Elio

Student Of The Blues
My favorite story is the Korean soccer team that decided to fill the stands with mannequins. Unfortunately, they managed to somehow inadvertently order blow-up sex dolls by mistake, but decided to dress them up with team jerseys and use them anyway. They claimed that it was all a "big mistake", but were fined about $81,000. At least, the dolls were all wearing masks.

Here's my favorite line from the story, "In handing down the punishment on Wednesday, the K League admonished the club for not being able to tell the sex dolls apart from ordinary mannequins. "

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/20/south-korean-soccer-team-fined-for-filling-empty-stands-with-sex-dolls/#:~:text=The team in South Korea's,Cup Stadium over the weekend.

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
The playoffs haven't started yet. You were watching a regular-season game. Most of the teams currently are using cardboard cutouts of fans. I'm a White Sox fan, and they charged $49 dollars to make your picture into one and put it in a seat, proceeds going to White Sox Charities. I'm supposing that other teams are doing something similar. There is also recorded fan noise.

My oldest son and his girlfriend have cardboard cutouts at Busch Stadium for Cardinal games. Don't know what he paid for them (actually I probably paid for them...) but they are pretty cool!

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
My favorite story is the Korean soccer team that decided to fill the stands with mannequins. Unfortunately, they managed to somehow inadvertently order blow-up sex dolls by mistake, but decided to dress them up with team jerseys and use them anyway. They claimed that it was all a "big mistake", but were fined about $81,000. At least, the dolls were all wearing masks.

Here's my favorite line from the story, "In handing down the punishment on Wednesday, the K League admonished the club for not being able to tell the sex dolls apart from ordinary mannequins. "

https://www.mercurynews.com/2020/05/20/south-korean-soccer-team-fined-for-filling-empty-stands-with-sex-dolls/#:~:text=The team in South Korea's,Cup Stadium over the weekend.

Heavens! After all, a fan is a fan! ;)

Tom

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
I've attended a couple of virtual concerts that did this. You could get a ticket, login, and watch the show for about $20. Or you could get a ticket, send them your pic, login, see your pic taped to a paint stirrer they stuck on the chair, and watch the show for about $40. In each case, I paid $20 for the ticket and then just paypal-ed the musician an extra $20 because I don't need to pay extra to see my ugly mug. One show even had you send in a front and back pic so they could see the back of your head when they panned from the back of the room.