Dammit!

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
Ok, so we find this football at work this morning, so naturally we go out back to toss it around.

So the second pass that's thrown to me is low and instead of letting it go, I try to catch it with my fingers facing towards the ball. Of course rule number one of catching a football is to never do that, sooo...

The ball hit dead center on the tip of my left middle finger and jammed the knuckles which are now twice as big as the factory settings. :(

So it's no guitar for me for a while. :notworthy:

I seriously need to start buying into the idea that I really am 62.

(Well, soon anyway) :cool:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Sorry to hear that! Ice it!

I remember when I was a teen ager, I played football, basket ball, and baseball. I would go to my guitar teacher on Friday evening's and she would say: "What did you do to your fingers this week"? :confused::eek: I feel your pain! :cry:

Tom

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I will never understand football. It consists of two teams, each with an idiot and 10 big tough guys. The object of the game is to give the ball to the idiot, who then has to run a gauntlet through the other team's big tough guys who try their level best to cripple him before he manages to get the ball into what is called the End Zone. I played football for exactly half of one practice session in high school. They didn't even have enough pads to go around, so I had none. They formed two "teams", one of the "star" players and one of us Freshman "rookies". They lined us up in a line, and directly in front of me was a 300 lb gorilla in his prime with a snarl on his face and "kill him" in his eye. The ball was hiked and we lunged forward at each other. I practiced my martial arts training. One tenth of a second before the two of us collided, I simply stepped aside. He did a face-plant that tore the face-guard off his helmet, left a foot long plowed furrough in the lawn and broke his arm. Dumb sh*t. And I got kicked off the team.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member

Damn kids!
grogne.gif

I hope your knuckles quickly resume their previously youthful appearance and feel.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
ouch! Life has a tendency to remind us now and that that while in our heads we may be, we aren't really kids any more.
Get well soon.
Good time to work on theory.

John-G

The Long and Winding Road
I will never understand football. It consists of two teams, each with an idiot and 10 big tough guys. The object of the game is to give the ball to the idiot, who then has to run a gauntlet through the other team's big tough guys who try their level best to cripple him before he manages to get the ball into what is called the End Zone. I played football for exactly half of one practice session in high school. They didn't even have enough pads to go around, so I had none. They formed two "teams", one of the "star" players and one of us Freshman "rookies". They lined us up in a line, and directly in front of me was a 300 lb gorilla in his prime with a snarl on his face and "kill him" in his eye. The ball was hiked and we lunged forward at each other. I practiced my martial arts training. One tenth of a second before the two of us collided, I simply stepped aside. He did a face-plant that tore the face-guard off his helmet, left a foot long plowed furrough in the lawn and broke his arm. Dumb sh*t. And I got kicked off the team.
HaHaHa ... :ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

sloslunas

NM Blues
Ok, so we find this football at work this morning, so naturally we go out back to toss it around.

So the second pass that's thrown to me is low and instead of letting it go, I try to catch it with my fingers facing towards the ball. Of course rule number one of catching a football is to never do that, sooo...

The ball hit dead center on the tip of my left middle finger and jammed the knuckles which are now twice as big as the factory settings. :(

So it's no guitar for me for a while. :notworthy:

(Well, soon anyway) :cool:
Suck it up big boy! You will be back at it soon...

Steve

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
An older retired rugby player once told me the nothing good happens when you step on to a rugby field after 50. I made it to 52 before my knee gave out!

Well I have two questionable knees, a double-torn right Achilles and a sketchy left one and I don't need any of them to play guitar.

But I DO need fingers. :confused:

I think I'll just stick with golf.
At least then I get to hit a ball instead of the other way around. :LOL:

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Dodgy knees, bad back, 3 ruined vertebrae and many other skeletal/ muscular issues, that's from a lifetime of playing sports without proper coaching or good technique. But hey, I had a ball and I'm still breathing so what the hell, good whiskey soothes the pain.

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
An older retired rugby player once told me the nothing good happens when you step on to a rugby field after 50. I made it to 52 before my knee gave out!

My brother played Rugby, with an amateur team from San Francisco. They played at the Polo Field at Golden Gate Park. My wife and I would go watch the games, and afterwards go to a British Pub on Geary, where Prince Phillip would go when he was in town. I asked the team captain, who was Irish, what do they do if a player is injured. He replied: "His mother will kiss it to make it better, and he will continue to play"! There was a MD who was a spectator, who attended all the games. He was in charge of infectious diseases at "good old" General Hospital", where my wife worked.

The New Zealand and Australian teams were playing one day, and when all the games were finished, we all went to the British Pub. The Australians drank beer like there was no tomorrow, and the New Zealanders enjoyed their beverages. We played darts together and it was not long before all the Australians were passed out - in booths and on the floor. The New Zealanders were still having fun and we enjoyed their company. Man that was 1972. I miss my brother! :)

Tom

Tayport

Blues Newbie
Great story Tom. When I moved here from Scotland in 1979 I had no idea if rugby was played here. I soon found the Detroit Rugby Football Club and that was it, instant friends and camaraderie. Being an auto town, we had players from all over the world come and play through the years. The Aussies and Kiwis certainly knew how to have a party after the game. Lots of singing and songs with titles that can't be repeated here LOL.

jackderby52

Prehistoric blues knob (not newbie)
JP, sounds like an occupational hazard. Time to retire and switch to a nerf football! Hope you heal up soon.