Playing on the Porch - Need Help

JenniferRohling

Blues Newbie
Hello, is it possible to get the tab for all three licks in the course..Playing on the Porch? I'm having a hard time keeping up with the speed of the licks and doing a lot of rewinding/looping. With that being said I think I'm missing a few parts and tab would be helpful. Thanks!

B.J.Thomas

Blues Newbie
I want more! Or at least a different way of looking at the same thing...lol. How does the "How to Jam the Blues by Yourself" (or whatever the title is exactly) differ from "Playing On The Porch"? Would it be worth buying? Thanks!

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I want more! Or at least a different way of looking at the same thing...lol. How does the "How to Jam the Blues by Yourself" (or whatever the title is exactly) differ from "Playing On The Porch"? Would it be worth buying? Thanks!

Yep, If you like Playing On The Porch, You will get more of that kind of playing.
Plus once you get it, if it's not what you were expecting, just let Griff know and he will work something pout for you. (Different course, Money back...)

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
You're right, the next logical step would most likely be "How to Jam the Blues Alone" (HJBA), you might also want to look at "Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed" (ABGU), which is Griff's acoustic version of "Blues Guitar Unleashed" (BGU). ABGU and BGU are more about skills and learning a breadth of techniques. One if obviously more focused on acoustic guitar playing, there will be a lot that is common to them, and stuff that is not. Both would be useful to you regardless of whether you favor acoustic or electric blues. HJBA is more focused on giving you the skills to outline a blues rhythm in a few different methods and keys and to comfortably drop in one and two bar fills. I'm moving through that and have done most of the first three sections and they are a blast!

Hope this helps.

B.J.Thomas

Blues Newbie
Yep, If you like Playing On The Porch, You will get more of that kind of playing.
Plus once you get it, if it's not what you were expecting, just let Griff know and he will work something pout for you. (Different course, Money back...)

Thanks for your comments. Really appreciated. I hope he'll have a Labor Day sale.

B.J.Thomas

Blues Newbie
You're right, the next logical step would most likely be "How to Jam the Blues Alone" (HJBA), you might also want to look at "Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed" (ABGU), which is Griff's acoustic version of "Blues Guitar Unleashed" (BGU). ABGU and BGU are more about skills and learning a breadth of techniques. One if obviously more focused on acoustic guitar playing, there will be a lot that is common to them, and stuff that is not. Both would be useful to you regardless of whether you favor acoustic or electric blues. HJBA is more focused on giving you the skills to outline a blues rhythm in a few different methods and keys and to comfortably drop in one and two bar fills. I'm moving through that and have done most of the first three sections and they are a blast!

Hope this helps.

Zzzen. It's acoustic. I don't even have an electric guitar. 20 years ago. I have "ABGU", Griff's slide course, and several others. "POTP". Just not the "How to Jam the Blues Alone" course. That's primarily the only way i'm interested in playing. 62, played drums nearly 50 years, dabble with harmonica, just want to play blues on my own acoustically. I know many open chords, a few bare's, several blues scales & pentatonics, but am not able to play actual songs of music. I can jam for hours improvising great sounding chord progressions, but to me that isn't music. It just sounds good. i'\d love to play well for myself but even an "open mike" night might be a cool goal. (I do not sing!)

Zzzen Dog

Blues Junior
HJBA is an extention of POTP. It's going to get you to the point of being able to play as many choruses of a blues as you'd like in different styles. Given that so many blues are just that, a twelve bar blues with someone singing over it, this will be perfect for what you're looking for.