Levels of Rhythm Playing?

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I would think going through the lessons in "Strumming and Rhythm Mastery" in order would pretty much take you up through the levels.

After all, there is a reason Griff structured that course the way he did.:sneaky:

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Well I can tell you this, after watching Griff's most popular strum video and being a lifelong rhythm player, I thought surely I should know this, so I started playing the rhythm slowly to songs I knew and it was a disaster, I'm like WTF, so then I took the approach to play them as I always had and slow them down and bingo he's right 80% or better are that strum and I never even realized I was doing it

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
Well I can tell you this, after watching Griff's most popular strum video and being a lifelong rhythm player, I thought surely I should know this, so I started playing the rhythm slowly to songs I knew and it was a disaster, I'm like WTF, so then I took the approach to play them as I always had and slow them down and bingo he's right 80% or better are that strum and I never even realized I was doing it
I haven't looked at that video yet. I save lessons for Saturday (creature of habit, I guess.) Is it "old reliable," down, down, up, up, down (1, 2 and, and 4)? I use that on so many songs.