2.0 Strumming and rhythem Mastery

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
Any one going to go through the new coarse? It is time for me to Face reality> i have to admit i have not done anything on strumming and rhythm. i even Have the 1st edition Dvd and never opened it.
When it comes to open and bar Chords i can make the shapes but i have never strumed them i dont even know any strum patterns.Unless you count doing chicks at BGU Live. I can do 12 Bar Blues in E (kinda).I hope there are others in the same boat .. so if any one wants to jump on Board and work through this coarse with me..i would welcome the challenge. to see just how fast or slow i am at getting a Grip on this..
Thanks for Reading this P.s I cant even spell Rhythm

Jerry_G

Blues Newbie
Any one going to go through the new coarse? It is time for me to Face reality> i have to admit i have not done anything on strumming and rhythm. i even Have the 1st edition Dvd and never opened it.
When it comes to open and bar Chords i can make the shapes but i have never strumed them i dont even know any strum patterns.Unless you count doing chicks at BGU Live. I can do 12 Bar Blues in E (kinda).I hope there are others in the same boat .. so if any one wants to jump on Board and work through this coarse with me..i would welcome the challenge. to see just how fast or slow i am at getting a Grip on this..
I bought it when it first came out years ago and went through maybe 1/2 of it. A couple of months ago got back into it and try and practice something from it most days and it is a very worthwhile and helpful course to work on so my advice is to get to it! As far as the differences between the first and 2.0 as far as I can tell the lessons are all the same. I haven't yet gone through any of the videos on the newer version so can't speak to that yet.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Quoted from Griff in the other thread:

"The content is not new, but the footage looks much nicer and the TAB is now onscreen."

"This is almost entirely little more than a "look and feel" overhaul."

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
Rhythm is the longest word in the English language without a vowel. Not sure if that's any help :ROFLMAO:
hey thanks for the English lesson..the irony in that is,i was looking at the DVD lesson case when i wrote that..it wasn't until after i posted it i saw what i had done, but it was to late and i could not edit it ..but to my Chagrin , I Liked the lesson you gave me..But if i am not mistaken i thought A-E-I-O-U-Y & W was a vowel (sometimes) . I posted the vowel song for you A-E-I-O-U and sometimes Y were special alphabet letters Please sing and dont be shy https://youtu.be/z8FjkMvbINI

LeftyJohn

West Wiltshire/Exeter, UK
Hi Mike A, I've switched to the new version of the course for the bits I have left: 14, 15, 16 and 17. Like the new videos otherwise it feels much the same :)

Robb H

Blues Newbie

Mike - I started this course a while back and made it to lesson 7, more or less. Then I kinda stalled out and was working on other stuff. I have just recently gone back and working on lessons 4, 5, and 6 again. In order to get them much cleaner. I am struggling with full speed chord changes in lesson 4 and the last two examples in 5. I'm working on 6 more to get the swing feel nailed. I'll probably still be there when you get there.

I really want to get proficient at this. I recently heard a friend of mine blast through an instrumental on his acoustic, a song he wrote. Of course he was all over the neck with off the wall chords and inversions as he is quite the musician. Sounded awesome. And since I can't sing and play...

Stephanie-NoelDodt

Blues Newbie

Hi, Mike. Steph here. I started this recently. At first it looked like one of those "Do it for your own good" things....until I got to lesson #4. Suddenly I realized, this is going to be FUN! I am taking this because I am self taught which leads to a lot of gaps in your knowledge. I studied guitar when I was 15 and life got in the way. I was in my late 60s and decided to go back to playing. I started with a famous online course but it seemed to be mostly "cowboy chords", very little on timing, single note melody, or music theory. I completed both their core courses and about 3/4 of their first level blues course but felt there had to be something better. I spotted info online on Blues Guitar Unleashed and looked into it. The minute Covid 19 hit I ordered "Beginning Blues Guitar" and "How to Read Music On Guitar". Most of that was review for me, but I was impressed with this instructor and did not want to miss any "pearls of wisdom". I worked on them during the shut down and finished both courses. I ordered more of Griff's courses and am studying three concurrently. My main course is "Acoustic Blues Guitar Unleashed", "Guitar Theory Made Useful" and "Strumming and Rhythm Mastery". I was delighted to see the selection of courses and knew I could get a good foundation in music from them as well as advanced courses. I have progressed a great deal since I became involved with BGU and I'm having a lot of fun doing this. I am months from turning 70 and I'm having a blast with guitar now that I'm retired!