Spark PositiveGrid Amp

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
I just received notification that mine is leaving the factory and is being shipped to the local distributor. Says it could be 4-6 weeks to reach the local distributor. Then I imagine another week or so in shipping to reach me?

Stinger22

Blues Junior
Well it's a total CF. People who ordered in April and May getting their units while people like me who ordered in January and Februray empty handed. Nothing form PG other than "oh we had a glitch by the shipper who shipped out of order" but people contacted the shipper here and were told that NO they only ship a unit when PG tells them to do so. They removed the last June 1st update from their website and refuse to supply an additional information to those of us who were skipped. I'll wait for mine but will be the last time I deal with this company.
I got a notification back on July 1st mine was in local distribution and nothing since. I have a FedEx accounting and it has said "Pending" for two weeks now.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I've dealt with positive grid for a couple of years now. I will say that customer service in my experience has really not that bad but they have a habit of getting themselves in over their heads in terms of promising and delivering, Their lack of communication compounds the problem I certainly can understand your frustration and probably my last purchase will be if they ever fix bfx 2 for iOS.

Last edited:

Stinger22

Blues Junior
What good is customer service when you can't communicate with them? Anyway there's enough bitchin' on there forum. Hopefully have mine before then end of summer.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
Well it's a total CF. People who ordered in April and May getting their units while people like me who ordered in January and Februray empty handed. Nothing form PG other than "oh we had a glitch by the shipper who shipped out of order" but people contacted the shipper here and were told that NO they only ship a unit when PG tells them to do so. They removed the last June 1st update from their website and refuse to supply an additional information to those of us who were skipped. I'll wait for mine but will be the last time I deal with this company.
I got a notification back on July 1st mine was in local distribution and nothing since. I have a FedEx accounting and it has said "Pending" for two weeks now.
You'd much rather they just put their hands up and said:- 'sorry, but we've underestimated the popularity of the Spark, and the demand has outstripped the supply. It's going to be a while before we can get caught up'.

Stinger22

Blues Junior
You'd much rather they just put their hands up and said:- 'sorry, but we've underestimated the popularity of the Spark, and the demand has outstripped the supply. It's going to be a while before we can get caught up'.

Well that would be a lie. I ordered mine in February, customers who ordered theirs in March, April and May have received theirs already. It's not a demand has stripped supply. I emailed their customer service today asking why they are shipping units to those who ordered MONTHS after me and all I got was a canned response.

Hi,

Thank you for pre-ordering Spark,

We sincerely apologize for the long wait,
Please rest assured that we are doing everything in our power to expedite your Spark order shipment,

You can check your order status here
https://www.positivegrid.com/spark#track-order

You will receive tracking information via email once your order has been shipped.

Should you need any further information, please reply to this email,

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

DUH I have been checking that order status and it gives NO even anticipated ship date.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
DUH I have been checking that order status and it gives NO even anticipated ship date.
I know, it's really annoying, but for what it's worth, a friend of mine got his and hasn't stopped raving about it ever since, so hopefully you'll have a similar experience before too long.

Stinger22

Blues Junior
Squeaky wheel gets the grease?

Dear *****

An order you recently placed on our website has had its status changed.

The status of order #15**** is now Shipped

Fedex still does not show received.

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
Squeaky wheel gets the grease?

Dear *****

An order you recently placed on our website has had its status changed.

The status of order #15**** is now Shipped

Fedex still does not show received.
If you have any problems going forward you can try chatting with Felix on the support website. He has helped me out with a couple of issues.

Stinger22

Blues Junior
If you have any problems going forward you can try chatting with Felix on the support website. He has helped me out with a couple of issues.

Jacob at PG sent me an email yesterday after my complaints telling me

Your amp is with fedex
tracking:394393*****
ETA delivery within the next 2 weeks.

Warm regards,
Jacob
Positive Grid Support

FedEx just now

FedEx: Is there something regarding FedEx services that I can help you with?

You: Shipper says you have received the package as of yesterday

FedEx: It looks like my suggestions haven’t been helpful. Click here to search on our website, or please try rephrasing your question.

You: Have you received the shipment

FedEx: The shipper has prepared your package, however, they have not yet given it to FedEx.

Please contact the shipper of your package for more information.

And two weeks for FedEx to get to me? 4 days from the ship point via normal ground.

Stinger22

Blues Junior
Regardless of the product's viability or attractiveness, one can only conclude that this was a colossally botched product introduction that did nothing to enhance the manufacturer's reputation in the marketplace.

And they have done nothing to make up for it first trying to blame it on the local consolidator then Fedex and excuses that don't hold up, they really think none us ever ship things Fedex or get shipments from overseas.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
FWIW, this is my timeline for my current experience with ordering this amp:

May 12th: placed "Last Chance Special: Spark + Bag" order via their web site.

July 1st: status of order changed to "In transit."

July 16th: status of order changed to "Local distribution."

I bought into their Bias FX software and Bias Mini amp a couple of years ago, and had a problem with the amp that was of my own making. At the time their support was quite good, they repaired the damage I did very quickly and at reasonable cost. That's the sum of my experience dealing with them but it made me willing to give the benefit of the doubt. I'm thinking they painted themselves into a corner with unexpected demand, unexpected delivery delays, and a pressing need to maintain current cash flow all conspiring to create a "perfect storm" of hassles.

Still, I agree they seem to be dropping the ball with respect to the tack to take with customers and communicating effectively.

Stinger22

Blues Junior
I expected the wait when I ordered in February, and even had no problem it would be extended due to COVID but that is not the problem. The problem and they admit to it is the did not ship the orders placed in January and February. They were just skipped and it took them weeks to even acknowledge it and they have done nothing to rectify it. People who ordered in March, April and even May are receiving theirs and lots of us sitting here with nothing and then being told Fedex has your unit. I can check my Fedex account and they say they have not received it. Further inquiries get a canned response. Those orders should have been fast-tracked weeks ago and put to the head of the list and even had their shipments moved to a priority 2 day at the least. But no I read everyday "Hey I ordered in April and just got mine" postings.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
I completely see the nature of your frustration. They seem to be dropping the ball in a big way with this.

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Part of my thought process in that post was I'd expected to wait several more months before seeing any movement on my order and I'm surprised at the timeline. That had me thinking they're prioritizing getting in/fulfilling newer orders over old "legacy" ones (cash flow), and failing in communicating that imperative to customers. I could see them trying to duck admitting making those kinds of decisions, there is no good outcome from people being told they've been shuffled to the back of the line, but still.

I guess the only concise and accurate takeaway I can come up with from this is my earlier observation they painted themselves into a corner; seems they don't have a cogent plan for getting out of it and they're making bad decisions on a panicky timeline.