Guitar Mastery

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Is this the company based out of New Zealand? There are several "Guitar Mastery" sites, it's scary.

If it is, I watched the testimonial video on their website just to see if I saw any familiar faces. There is one guy on the testimonial who is currently posting himself playing over jam tracks on @MikeS Facebook group "Blues Guitar Unleashed Students," on a pretty regular basis.

If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he must also be a Griff student because everything he posts is from one of Griff's courses.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
I just got a bad taste from watching the ad Charlie ran on Youtube with the instructor shouting "Again" every two seconds. I've come to believe YT knows what really grates on one's nerves and runs that ad over and over.
In a slight thread hijack, my current peeve is the video of the guy (Michael Dawes) dressed up as some cross between a druid and the wicked witch of the west pimping the Woodtone amp with the Captain from Anderton's. Yes, I watch a lot of Youtube...
Which is why I use an add blocker:whistle:

cheers

Al.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
If it's the guy I'm thinking of, he must also be a Griff student because everything he posts is from one of Griff's courses.
I have noticed quite a lot of "4 note solo" and "blues soloing cheatsheet" types of ads running around too lately. I guess they must have liked mine enough to copy them...

What is that saying, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery?

Come to think of it, when I started most of those new guys were probably still in high school :(

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
Just got an email from Guitar Mastery Method. Geez, I can get a "15 Minute Blues Guitarist" DVD for free! You mean I've been wasting all these hours practicing when all I need is 15 minutes?? That's less time than one of Griff's AAP sessions and I bet I won't have to count either. :LOL:

GMM15.png

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Just got an email from Guitar Mastery Method. Geez, I can get a "15 Minute Blues Guitarist" DVD for free! You mean I've been wasting all these hours practicing when all I need is 15 minutes?? That's less time than one of Griff's AAP sessions and I bet I won't have to count either. :LOL:

View attachment 12015
You can't count on that!

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom

View attachment 12015
I screwed up and accidentally ordered four of those. Now it's going to take me an hour :(