Electric Guitars Check out this guitar, 80s Japanese V

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Sweet... but my pointy things budget for the year is already shot.
But I don't have to be sold on Westone instruments. That 1985 Westone Raider bass you turned me on to is still my favorite bass guitar.
That video is a really nice demo, showing off the versatility of the guitar.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Them old Westone Electras---are darn nice guitars. I have had 2 of them only mine were the Phoenix model. 2 humbuckers with coil tap.
Use to you could get them for $125 all day long. I guess not any more.

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
Nice. I like the added feature that makes it easy to play sitting down. I have a V and it is only really playable sitting down if I hold it in a classical style with the V straddling my right leg. Here's mine.
UltraV.jpg

straightblues

Blues Junior
I have a couple of the Westone Electra Phoenix models. Mine have the same basic setup as the V in the YouTube video. They are super high quality guitars with fatter profile necks. You can usually buy them for less than $200. I think everyone should own one or two. I have guitars that I have paid over $1,000 that I wish were the quality of these Westone Electra guitars.

brent

Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.
The build quality of my V is outstanding. Kind of wish it had a fatter neck. It's kind of thin and my hand tends to cramp up after playing it for a while. It also has a 14" fretboard radius. The only guitar I own that does. My Kiesel/Carvin guitars have 12" radiuses that are more comfortable for me. It does have the best sounding pickups of all my guitars. Wish I had put the same pickups in my SC90.

Anyway I've never played one of the above Westone models. Looks like a cool guitar.