Never gets old

GarrettHaskins

Blues Newbie
I hope there is not already a post for this, if so, please be kind. I rarely feel brace enough to post.
I just wanted to say thanks for being part of this community and it never gets old when I hear "Someone" by Griff and the Single Barrel Band playing on B.B King's bluesville on Sirius XM.
When ever I hear it, I smile and think too myself "This guy is teaching me how to play guitar". Makes me happy every time.
That's all, thank you for your time.

WilliamEnright

Blues Junior
Well if there is already a post matey its worth saying again.
Don't get that channel here on the Essex/Suffolk borderlands but know exactly what you mean chum

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
A lot of times we wannabes listen to a player and think "oh, that was pretty good" without truly realizing how great it really is.
Then you try to play it, or some facsimile of it yourself and reality sets in.
I recently went back to one of Griff's solos that I thought I had down pretty good and compared my version to his with a very honest level of self criticism.
Wow, do I ever suck by comparison. Of course I already knew that.
It inspired me to start going through that solo one phrase at a time and really analyze it and try to really capture more of the nuances with a greater degree of accuracy.
I even started COUNTING some of the tricky spots. Geeeez - what's the world coming to???
My point is this - Griff is truly some kind of special talent and player, and best of all - teacher.
Aren't we a lucky bunch?

sloslunas

NM Blues
We are all very fortunate to have found Griff. He is far an above the best guitar teacher on the planet. The added bonus is that, if you ever meet him in person, you will very quickly notice that he is one of the nicest people that you will ever had have the pleasure to meet. A very humble, and quality individual from head to toe. Yep, Griff is the real deal...

Steve

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Thank you all... you're too kind. I'm so thankful Sirius is still playing the song, even after it's been out for over a year. And I'm super happy you all like it.

As Laura will tell you, when we were in the studio recording, at the forefront of every decision was this group of people and whether or not you all would like it. We're so glad that you do.