More than one guitar?

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Personally at your level is where I'd start considering another guitar. I think it's a good idea to have a steel string acoustic, a strat-esque, three single coil type guitar, and a Les Paul style dual humbucker guitar. Maybe you add a Tele style in there too. Those are the major types... everything else is going to get more nuanced. From there you can determine some likes and dislikes, listening to how they sound and whether you want to move further afield in terms of types of pick ups such as P90s or TV Jones, or just other brands of single coil and humbuckers you've currently got.
This is pretty much what I would say too based on your elaboration. As time goes by, I think most people develop some specific personal preferences. Also, these preferences will very likely evolve over time. A sampling of instruments like this pretty much covers the gamut of flat / wide fingerboards, round / narrow fingerboards, and the most common scale lengths. Like Dog says, beyond that are nuances.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I have always said, it's people who need a reason to drink that have the problem. My philosophy on guitars is the same. If you need a reason to buy another guitar, you may have a problem. :Beer:
Yeah, I like that, and I'm applying that logic to amps and pedals, too. Especially pedals:oops:

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
What about that all important aspect of a guitar - it's color? If you do not have the same type, and color of guitar as did the person who played a specific piece of music (thus making the music a "hit"), then you are not going to be happy. Some of those stage stars have a dozen or more guitars on stage and change often, depending upon what song is being played.

I like Willie Nelson's approach to the subject of guitars: Love what you have got! ;)

Tom

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
I don't how many
What about that all important aspect of a guitar - it's color? If you do not have the same type, and color of guitar as did the person who played a specific piece of music (thus making the music a "hit"), then you are not going to be happy. Some of those stage stars have a dozen or more guitars on stage and change often, depending upon what song is being played.

I like Willie Nelson's approach to the subject of guitars: Love what you have got! ;)

Tom
I have seen Joe Bonamassa probably approaching 10 times. I don't know how many are repeats but he changes guitars every single song.

MarkRobbins

Blues Junior
I have seen Joe Bonamassa probably approaching 10 times. I don't know how many are repeats but he changes guitars every single song.
So does Robert Cray. I've seen him a half-dozen times. Mostly he swaps out Strats, apparently so his guitar guy can tune them after every song. Every once in a while he'll use something other than a Strat for a particular song.