First attempts

tinkerdemon

Don't lick it.
So, I've not really shared this stuff with anyone, but I'm gonna go ahead and dive right in. These are a couple of superduper short tracks that I've been messing around with. Just having fun, trying to reacquaint myself with playing and learn to use GarageBand.

The first one is a basic shuffle in E.. sounds a bit muddy and too slow to my ears, but I like it enough that I think I can turn it into something. I used canned drums in the app, then laid down two separate guitar tracks with my G5622T. No bass guitar on this one.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7dfu23zqfmaj6gp/Shuffle in E.m4a?dl=0

The second has more of a blues/jazz feel to it.. I didn't like the canned bass guitar sounds in the app, so I picked up a super cheap Ibanez Gio to play.. this was literally the first day I'd played a bass in over 30 years. Seems like a cheap bass is much easier to play than a cheap guitar is. Anyway, canned drums, guitar played on my G5220, bass on the Gio.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/cq5fz85juavaqs2/Blues in A.m4a?dl=0

My timing needs a LOT of work, I think.. and hopefully, with Griff's help, I can start learning enough to maybe lay down a little lead here and there as well.

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Hey hey!
You stuck your neck out..........yippy!

Track one:
Yes, a little muddy but, I think you're right.....it's got good bones.

Track two:
Toss some lead lick on that and you got something good!

Welcome, jump into the Virtual Jam Room sometime, it's a great place to hone your skills.

jmin

Student Of The Blues
Wow! Way to go Dave! I also have been using garageband for Griff's lessons, but I've never tried to do a "whole band" mix. Great effort.
I think your timing and playing (bass and guitar) is really good. Once you get the mixing volumes where you want them it'll be great!

Elwood

Blues
Good, simple, solid stuff. I agree w/ jmin, I don't hear any big timing issues, but maybe you are going for something you expect to hear and don't, sounds good on the outside. :thumbup: Bring more!

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Well on the road here man, good grooves on both of them. Timing is still something I have issues at times with after god knows how many years. Be encouraged by the responses on here and keep it going.

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
They sound fine to me!

In fact, take the groove of the first one and extend it to about ten minutes and you'll have everyone here lined up to jam to it!

Good stuff! :thumbup: