Lets see your pedal setup

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
B227969E-72D1-48CE-8517-6BBC3F3B0D09.jpeg Running this into a PRS MT 15 ( Mark Tremonti ) all tube amp. Beautiful clean channel and a high gain growling lead channel.

One pedal to switch channels and the green monster. I dont need nothing else for me!

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Keeping it simple is a great way to go!

That's what I used to do, then I went down the pedal path and got lost.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
I will note that since that picture was taken I've replaced the Blues Driver with a Timmy and rewired the tuner to be before the Wah, because accidentally leaving the gate on the wah open and trying to tune will freak you out at a gig or jam

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Mark what about your sonicake thing? I do have one of those but not being used now ...

I also have a very nice looper I need to figure out how to use it.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
I have two, both small, one compact, the other tiny, and they can be daisy-chained together. Most of the time I use the larger of the two and most of the time the only pedals that are on are the J Rockett Dude and Xotic EP Booster.

For jams all I take is the tiny one. It is self-powered with its Big Joe Lithium power supply and doesn't take any longer to set up than plugging in a guitar cord and is very unobtrusive on stage. Actually for most jams I don't need anything but my Quilter MicroPro. But if the jam doesn't allow for you to use your own amp, my tiny little board does wonders.

When daisy-chained to the bigger board, it is powered by a lead from the bigger board and the Big Joe isn't used.

COMBINED BOARDS.JPG

COMPACT BOARD.JPG

MINI BOARD SIZE.JPG

COMPPACT BOARD CASE.jpg

Last edited:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Just last week I put my little afford-a-board up in the closet and pulled a bunch of pedals down to piece together for a does-everything-kind-of-board for the music room. So I grabbed some lumber out in the garage and am in the process of building a board along the lines of one of those holey boards. I may end up scrapping some of the ones on the floor and swapping them out with something else by the time I get that finished. Here's what I'm thinking at the moment.

Kaiburr fuzz > Boss tuner > Danelectro The Breakdown OD > Tone Bakery Creme Brulee klone > EHX East River Drive (TS clone) > Fender Pinwheel rotary speaker > Danelectro Filthy Rich tremolo > TC Electronics HoF2 > Morley A/B/Y > A to an amp and B to the Boss RC20xl looper to an amp

Just realized that I don't have a delay in there, so I'm going to have to get one of those. It'll probably be my Visual Sound Garage Tone delay because I like the simplicity of that one. Also trying to figure out the power as the 1 Spot power brick sitting there won't power everything there.

Pedals_On_The_Floor.jpg

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Just last week I put my little afford-a-board up in the closet and pulled a bunch of pedals down to piece together for a does-everything-kind-of-board for the music room. So I grabbed some lumber out in the garage and am in the process of building a board along the lines of one of those holey boards. I may end up scrapping some of the ones on the floor and swapping them out with something else by the time I get that finished. Here's what I'm thinking at the moment.

Kaiburr fuzz > Boss tuner > Danelectro The Breakdown OD > Tone Bakery Creme Brulee klone > EHX East River Drive (TS clone) > Fender Pinwheel rotary speaker > Danelectro Filthy Rich tremolo > TC Electronics HoF2 > Morley A/B/Y > A to an amp and B to the Boss RC20xl looper to an amp

Just realized that I don't have a delay in there, so I'm going to have to get one of those. It'll probably be my Visual Sound Garage Tone delay because I like the simplicity of that one. Also trying to figure out the power as the 1 Spot power brick sitting there won't power everything there.

View attachment 11739
Look up how many milliamps each of those pedals requires. Then find out how many milliamps each of those 1 spot brick 9V outlets has and total those up. If the total is more than the total of your pedal requirements, that brick will power all of your pedals just fine. There is absolutely no reason to think that one of those outlets can power only one pedal. All I have powering the larger of my two boards above is a simple $29.00 1700 milliamp 1 Spot daisy-chained, and it will easily power both boards with all pedals on with 1332 milliamps to spare... and I have zero noise issues. You can most likely daisy-chain two or three pedals from each one of that brick's 9V outlets

I posted the little spreadsheet below to show that most pedals just don't require much power. I am a little embarassed to show the cost of those little pedal boards and was really surprised when I tallied them all up ... heck it is more than the cost of my Quilter and extension cabinet.

COSTS - MILLIAMPS.jpg

Last edited:

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
If the total is more than the total of your pedal requirements, that brick will power all of your pedals just fine. There is absolutely no reason to think that one of those outlets can power only one pedal
Thanks for mentioning that. My head was in that box of 1 port/1 pedal and wasn't thinking that I could run a couple of pedals off one port. Now I just need to find some daisy chain cables that only have 2 or 3 ends to them. I had been doing the milliamp dance trying to find another brick with enough ports that would run it all without spending a fortune.

And I know what you mean about adding the prices of the pedals up. I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it, but that's like $1.5k laying on the floor. Don't tell Mrs Snarf. lol

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
And I know what you mean about adding the prices of the pedals up. I hadn't thought about it until you mentioned it, but that's like $1.5k laying on the floor. Don't tell Mrs Snarf. lol
I won't beathe a word to Mrs. Snarf!
I about crapped a brick when I looked up the prices of those pedals and plugged them into that spreadsheet and the totals popped up.
I'm not about to even poke around to tally up this horde.
IMG_0643.JPG

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Here's my current one.
DSC00058-sm.jpg