I can’t stay signed in to the forum

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Been struggling for the last few days. Every time I go to the forum on my phone I have to log in again. Every time I log back in I click the box that says “stay logged in”. Same phone as I’ve been using for 2+ years, I’m not signing in on any other computer or device and I always keep the forum up on a web page on my phone 24/7. Never had this problem before. Is anyone else experiencing this? Very frustrating!

Crossroads

Thump the Bottom
I gave up on this staying logged in thing a long time ago It worked for years, then its broken then its fine. Then can't login on iOS if I'm logged in on Android. Then I can, then I can't. Don't get me started. It's all Lloyd's fault anyway

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
FWIW, I had two tabs opened yesterday to make some editing easier I copied from on and pasted into the other. Better than half the time when I switched panels, I had to log back in. Eventually the problem went away and I was able to edit in peace.
I think it's the Russians or maybe the Chinese.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
FWIW, I had two tabs opened yesterday to make some editing easier I copied from on and pasted into the other. Better than half the time when I switched panels, I had to log back in. Eventually the problem went away and I was able to edit in peace.
I think it's the Russians or maybe the Chinese.

Thanks for answering me Mike, I appreciate it. Hate that I have to sign on every time and that there doesn’t seem to be anything I can do about it. For 9years I never had a problem, now I have to sign in every time.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
What kind of phone and which browser are you using, @steve o? Also, do you ever log in on a PC? If so, what OS and what browser?

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I have an iPhone and very seldom sign in on my pc (not since some time last year). When I have done that in the past I have always had to sign back on to my phone, and I get that. That’s why I almost never sign in on my pc. I do all my work on my phone so it gives me multiple opportunities to check in on the forum every day. Not when I have to sign in every time. I’ve been using this same phone for over 2 years now. Using Safari browser the entire time as well.

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
I don't know a whole lot about iPhones or macs, so this might be off-base, but I do know that Chrome by default will share things between phones and PCs and I've occasionally had issues where my phone and my PC got themselves set up with conflicting cookies, and once or twice I've also had something messed up in the cache. When clearing the cache didn't fix it, problems were fixed when I deleted all BGU-related cookies from the browser on my pc and all cookies on my phone. (I couldn't figure out a way to delete selected cookies in the Android version of Chrome.) Safari might be doing something similar, although if you're using a different browser on your PC the problems are more likely all on the phone.

No guarantees that it will help, but you might try this: Clear the cache in safari on your phone and see if that clears things up. If it doesn't, log in and explicity log out of the forum and "My Courses" on your phone, and do the same on your PC. Clear the cache and delete all BGU cookies from browser on your PC, clear the cache and delete BGU cookies from Safari on your phone (delete all cookies if there's no way to get to them one-by-one).

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Thanks Doug. I hadn't thought about switching between phone & PC being an issue. I'll pay attention to that too.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Strangest thing! I posted this about a month ago . I was getting so irritated. Because I had to sign on every time my forum visits went from a couple of times a day to a couple of times a week. I’ve missed everyone! Nothing changed with my phone at all but Woot! Woot! I’ve stayed logged in for 2 straight days now!!! Who knows what tomorrow may bring (keeping fingers and toes crossed) but I hope that whatever was going on isn’t anymore. Technology is great when it works!!!:Beer:

Fro68

Okie
I’m still signing on almost each time. If I check back in with a few hours I might stay logged in. But for the most part I have to log on each time.

Elwood

Blues
I stay logged in as long as I access the forum from the same machine using the same browser. Going to another machine or browser requires a log in, reliably. If I switch to my laptop I will need to log in, it is good until I switch back to the desktop. This works good for me. Never have had a problem, must be lucky.

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I’m still signing on almost each time. If I check back in with a few hours I might stay logged in. But for the most part I have to log on each time.

yep, that is exactly what was happening to me. I did nothing different and it started happening about a month ago. I’m still doing nothing different and it stopped signing me out a couple of days ago. Strange!

steve o

Student Of The Blues
I stay logged in as long as I access the forum from the same machine using the same browser. Going to another machine or browser requires a log in, reliably. If I switch to my laptop I will need to log in, it is good until I switch back to the desktop. This works good for me. Never have had a problem, must be lucky.

you must’ve lucky, same as I was for 9 years and now again the last few days. I almost exclusively visit the forum on my phone. When I have signed on from my PC, I would have to sign in again of my phone, but that wasn’t the case for the last few weeks. If I wasn’t actively on the forum, it would automatically sign me out. I don’t get it, but very happy it is back to the old way (I stay signed in to the forum)!

BoogieMan

Blues Junior
Same problem here. Very annoying. Many web sites install a cookie that lets you stray logged on. Maybe technical support could check out out.

MarcV

Blues Junior
My two cents: Seems to me that checking "stay logged in" option is 50/50 in terms of working for all web sites not just this one