Hi from Kansas

Midwest_Steve

Blues Newbie
Hello all,
Just joined today. I have been looking for good on line instruction and have chosen this one. I have started Acoustic BGU. I have played for years but not very good. I pick up my guitar a lot, play the same three cool licks I learned twenty years ago, then do not know what to do. I go to an acoustic jam every month or two, but it is just strumming quarter notes to the same three open chords all night. I really want to be able to do more. And when someone says "play me something" I don't know what to do..
So here I am!

I am excited to get going!

Steve

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Welcome to the Clan, Steve. Your story is a familiar one.
It sounds like you did your homework and arrived at the right place.
I'm glad you found it here!

snarf

making guitars wish they were still trees
Welcome to the forum, amigo. Take a look around and join in the fun.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Hi Steve, Welcome.
Stick with ABGU and you will be surprising your friends and yourself in no time.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the Forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information (some of it good) and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

Midwest_Steve

Blues Newbie
Thanks everyone! So far, so good. I have been slowly moving through the exercises in ABGU lesson 2. I can see where it could take several months to get through a course. Lesson 2 is mixing the pick and fingers, I have had to practice some of them off and on for a day or two before I get fluent with that exercise, and I assume I am on the easy ones! My fingers are sore, I have been practicing using a strat sometimes to give my fingers a rest from the acoustic strings..
Steve

Last edited:

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Welcome Steve! What part of Kansas? I am one state to the north of you.

As has been stated, you joined a group of really helpful people. good luck to you and keep us posted on your progress.

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
I know roughly the area then.

Now I'm drooling for some Hickory Hut BBQ in Salina;) Great brisket but maybe the best BBQ beans in the continental US:cool:(y)

RussellChase

Blues Newbie
Hello all,
Just joined today. I have been looking for good on line instruction and have chosen this one. I have started Acoustic BGU. I have played for years but not very good. I pick up my guitar a lot, play the same three cool licks I learned twenty years ago, then do not know what to do. I go to an acoustic jam every month or two, but it is just strumming quarter notes to the same three open chords all night. I really want to be able to do more. And when someone says "play me something" I don't know what to do..
So here I am!

I am excited to get going!

Steve