Electric Guitars Black Limba P Bass project

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I found this P bass body on the local Marketplace for $50. It's a Warmoth body, which is good quality. It looks to be 1 piece.

D1E5F75D-235F-4E8E-A648-DBAB07A404AD by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

0ED4F207-22FE-4F9A-9D9F-5A0C590757DB by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

1A459C4A-F8D7-4AC7-B906-5E52D39B3AE8 by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

I found a bridge for a G&L bass that looks like it will work with those 2 mounting posts for $20 on ebay, and they guy lives about a mile from me, and acvtually is a guitar tech at the music store I took lessons at and my wife still goes for piano.

50B40BCD-B317-43B4-BFFE-706140211C5B by Dennis Kelley, on Flickr

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I also bought a Mighty Mite neck from Stratosphere's ebay site for $145 with free shipping.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Mighty...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

And once pay day gets here, or I sell another amp, I will buy these.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/EMG-GZR-PJ...0778&brand=EMG&_trksid=p2060778.c100290.m3507

I originally was going to scrap my Squire P Bass that I got for $50, and bought a new neck, and a Fender P Bass pickup. But that thing plays so nice, I just couldn't kill it.

Shodai

Blues Junior
I love a good build project!

Looking forward to the journey. Nice score on the body. $50 isn't a bad price at all.

Shodai

Blues Junior

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Nice score on the body. I'm looking forward to seeing what you do with it!
Considering your talents, I have no doubt it will be an exemplary project!

Elio

Student Of The Blues

Those EMG pickups are interesting. But what I really love is the name of the vendor

don't tell the wife guitars.JPG

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
No biting allowed, it's just for "licks":whistle:
I'm pretty sure it might taste a little woody, perhaps like the last sip of StarBuck's dark roast that's been fermenting in your travel mug for three weeks
What kind of patina does tongue-slurp have? Is it as good as True Oil? Do you hold it by the neck like a big lolly pop?

Last edited:

CaptainMoto

Blues Voyager
Depends on the tongue.
source.gif

CapnDenny1

Student Of The Blues
I ordered the pickups today and the tuners yesterday. I went with the Geezer pickups, and some mim Fender tuners.

My buddy Dave the amp guy got some PA amps from Geezer’s sound guy. Apparently he lives in St. Louis? Dave determined the amps needed the preamp boards replaced so he told the sound guy he would get a price for the replacement boards. Geezer’s sound guy said, “Oh no, Geezer don’t pay for gear!” Must be nice.

Rancid Rumpboogie

Blues Mangler
Now that’s gross!
You guys have been locked up tooo long!
(Or maybe not long enough?)
We have been under house arrest due to the horrible virus that's no worse than the common flu for so long that we have lost our minds and can't find them. I think mine rolled under the refrigerator or something. Have searched for days and can't find it. Don't lick those Geezer pickups! Saliva might work well on the Black Limba, but it will short out those pickups! Get all your licking and slurping done before you install the pickups!