How are you all doing?

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Doing pretty good here-we live in central Arizona, a few case' around but does not seem to be spreading much---we also have a house in Roosevelt Az.---which is in a different county that only has 3 case' and they are in Payson. Az. quite a distance from Roosevelt, we are going back over there tomorrow. We are prepared to ride it out. Wearing mask every where we go (which is NO WHERE except essential) and carry a wash rag soaked in alcohol in a zip lock baggie. Got plenty of hobbies to keep me busy. We were always catch and release fisherman--but now I am going to start keeping a few. Best of everything to all of you and your families and friends---all we can do is the best we can to make for sure we are not part of the problem but part of the cure.

Walt H

cloudbase - Aint got time for gravity
For those of you that do not know anyone that has died from covid be thankful. The love of my mothers life died this past weekend due to covid. He played college football and was a stud. He came from a large family and all of his siblings are alive and quite well, they are a hearty stock. This thing took him before his time.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Sorry to hear that Walt. Hopefully it will end soon and a vaccine can be found REAL soon--seems like a lot of people are betting on warmer weather to take care of the issue and get sometime to work on the cure but------

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
seems like a lot of people are betting on warmer weather to take care of the issue and get sometime to work on the cure but
They have cases south of the Equator where it is summer. And Wohan where it started is at 30 degrees North. About level with Texas so not exactly wintery. So I wouldn't hold my breath that it can't transmit in the summer months.

cheers

Al.

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
So I wouldn't hold my breath t
Me either, it was in Australia and it's in Mexico and the temps are HIGH---and it has been on the North Pole But I guess false hope is better than no hope at all. I'd hate to be the person that goes on T.V. and say "You all gonna die". So keep the faith.

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
I'm in a very fortunate situation. Just short of 3 years ago, I retired and moved to North Carolina. My wife and I have a 15 acre horse farm. We're 10 miles from the nearest town and about 1/4 mile from our nearest neighbor. We didn't go many places before this all started, so for us it's not a big deal. I made a few trips to hardware stores and Lowes to pick up most of my gardening supplies just before the shelter in place orders were issued. Other than that, I only leave for beer runs, to get diesel fuel for our tractor and gasoline for the lawn equipment. My wife satisfies her need to be out by going to the grocery store and the closest ones are doing an excellent job at keeping the carts clean and their stores sparkling. Ag products are considered essential and the places we do business with for hay and horse bedding deliver. The delivery people know the routine, so we are rarely in the barn when they deliver. So for us, life is pretty normal.
Yay PapaRaptor, love your song of the day. I've been binge-listening to Johnny Winter the past week or two. A dozen sets of the "LIve Bootleg" series and about 10 other CDs and five or six old LPs. I've got an original "Progressive Blues Experiment" from 1969 that doesn't get played any more 'cos it's too precious - but the CD reissue comes out a couple of times a year, LOUD!!!!
Chris G in Australia

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Hiya Big Mike, how's things up in Braidwood? Pretty much situation normal down here on Jervis Bay. My wife says we've been socially isolating for the last four years, since we moved here. She isn't complaining, this is where we chose to live when I retired and we're happy. Luckily we're away from large population centers so not badly exposed to the possibility of infection.
Here's a scary story (and apologies to anyone outside Australia who does't "get" the reference) - my Mum turned 90 a few weeks ago, and she and her younger sister had a cruise booked for a celebration - on the RUBY PRINCESS !!!!! They canned the booking when things started to go downhill - but they would have been the ones going ONboard after all those infected passengers came off. Luckily the cruise line canned the cruise and Mum and my Aunty MAY even get their money back - I told her "forget the money, buy yourself a lottery ticket".
Meanwhile I have been playing the 4-Note solo enough to be almost getting the whole-tone bends right, most of the time; but I still can't get those triplets in bars 2 to 6 of the second chorus right at full speed - more practice needed.
Chris G

ChrisGSP

Blues Journeyman
Here's a nice thought (at least I think it's nice).
I live in a place called Sanctuary Point - sounds nice doesn't it? At this time, a Sanctuary is something that most people would be glad to have.
But it gets better - just around the corner from me is a street called Paradise Beach Road.

Wouldn't ya just LOVE to be at "Paradise Beach Road, Sanctuary Point"? Take your ten desert-island CDs and bliss out until the world comes back to normal.

Cheers from Chris G

Elwood

Blues
All is well so far.:thumbup: we live just a bit north of Seattle with younger family in Seattle and right next to The Bronx NY. We all have knowledge of someone infected but no one close by blood. One very nearby by house has been host to the virus. Right near us necessary shopping is done with relative ease (with mask, gloves, planning and patience), both Seattle and NY report a different experience. We try to go out once a week, if that.
I'm just hoping folks will sit tight. If this thing is at or near the apex, logic dictates that would be the worst time to go out (like the storm is at it's peak, let's goo take a look!?$**!???) but folks are getting restless and hearing the wrong words. Heartbreak for those suffering or risking all to help others.
Funny thing, the days seems to get away faster. Maybe because I'm trying to be a better partner for my wife, seems like a good idea. :)
It is beautiful spring and at times there is music in the air!
Hope ya'll continue to do well over there Mike!
Cheers :Beer:

Last edited:

JPsuff

Blackstar Artist
For me it's business as usual.

Up at 3:30am, start work at 5:30 and usually head home around 2:30pm unless we get a late truck delivery or a late order to be pulled for the next day.

But hey, I work for Lowe's -- an "essential" business. We carry the necessary things needed to sustain people through a global pandemic... life-sustaining things like Sheetrock, lawn and garden supplies, lumber, appliances and other vital necessities.

We sold out of masks, hand sanitizer, and disinfectants weeks ago, but we have plenty of bagged concrete supplies, stockade fencing and of course bagged mulch!

So stop in with your friends and family and feel free to infect any or all of us.

After all, we wouldn't want you to have to sit home and just read a book or play a board game when you could be renovating your kitchen or building a new deck.

And don't worry, if one of us should drop dead, rest assured that somewhere in a file cabinet in the store manager's office is a folder filled with job applications and we'll have that deceased employee replaced in no time so that you won't experience any inconvenience.

And remember, if one of us should die while you're in one of our vital and necessary locations, please remember to remain at least six feet from the body!

Have a Lowe's safe day!

Cowboy Bob

Horse Player/Guitar Wrangler
Well my day gig is still going strong. I took over the office space in my studio and set up my work computers. I’ve been working from my studio for a month, now. Not too bad really. My commute is about 7 rods door to door, I don’t have to shave, and I can wear my bib overalls to work if I want to.

I’m a mechanical engineer, working in the global supply chain. We are also deemed as essential, as our business is electrical distribution and control. We’ve supplied UPSs for ventilators, control and protection for portable data centers, and mobile hospitals.

The studio work, while not completely dried up, has shriveled a bit.

cowboy

Blues, Booze & BBQ
both the wife and myself are retired...therefore we are just hunkering down and taking it easy...not doing much tennis but do have a honey list of projects to do around the house...trying to get our small RV de-winterized and ready to go...Maine has 1.3 million people in 213,00 square mile so spacing isn't as much an issue as in other places...hoping to find some secluded spots on the water where we can go for a few days...love listening to the ocean or running water at night...looks like our plans to celebrate our 50th this fall with a major road trip may be washed out....but so be it...

we are doing the social distancing thing and not taking too many needless trips...as well as the other suggested precautions...better safe than sorry...we sometimes take a ride or walk around the block (1/2 mile) to get a break...need to spend more time on the guitar but I'm not very motivated...

my son-in-law is in law enforcement...their biggest issue is domestic violence...and that is not good...my son is a chiropractor and that is concerning...a lot of the family is in health care or law enforcement...more concerned for our kids and grandkids...with no high school or college, their life is severely impacted...

I'm more concerned that the US and the rest of the world will end up in a depression and then the sh^t will really hit the fan...but right now it's more about helping family and friends...

so to all my guitar friends, BE SAFE and hopefully we'll jam again soon...

...later.

cowboy

EJG

Central NJ
My county in NJ has been hit pretty hard. One son lives (with his wife and daughter) in Queens, NY, just a short walk from Elmhurst Hospital (the one that was all over the news the last few weeks). Another son lives with his wife and daughter just outside Boston in another hotspot. Despite all that, we're all ok. My son in Queens knows a few people who have died.

I'm just hunkering down in the house. My wife had major surgery at the end of January and she's in a high-risk category. We've gotten all our groceries either delivered or through curbside pickup, so I haven't been in a store since the lockdown began. As far as work, I'm retiring from the faculty of Rutgers University in a few months. I wasn't teaching any courses this semester anyway, so I'm able to do all my work sitting at home with my laptop.

Statistical modeling is what I've been doing for a living for ~40 years, so it's interesting to hear politicians try to explain modeling and forecasting. At the risk of getting too close to the edge, I think Cuomo has the best handle on it. As that old sage Yogi Berra said, "Prediction is tough, especially about the future."

I just wonder what the "new normal" will be...

Last edited:

artyman

Fareham UK
Myself and the wife are doing OK, though sadly five residents of a Care Home that we play at have died from Corona.

JohnHurley

Rock and Roll
Meanwhile I have been playing the 4-Note solo enough to be almost getting the whole-tone bends right, most of the time; but I still can't get those triplets in bars 2 to 6 of the second chorus right at full speed - more practice needed.
Chris G

Dang i been working on that a long long time. The full speed part there everyonce in a while its almost right ... i think most of us struggle there!