Heads up on a film debuting

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
The guys that bought us the documentary 'Long Road To Glory" about blues men Pinetop Perkins-Hubert Smuling--and Sleepy (can't think of his last name right now) a old blues man drummer---played with many of them---Muddy Waters-Howlin' Wolf etc-are running there latest Documentary Friday at 8:am EST.
It was suppose to open at all the film festivals this year but they have fallen victim of the Virus like everything else.----here is the link. www.larrybrownfilm.com.----if it is anywhere close to "Long Road To Glory" it will be well worth the watch. Later This is a edit the drummer is "Willie "Bigeyes" Smith

Last edited:

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
If you havn't checked---it is about Larry Brown--born in Georgia in 1953----He was sent to prison---and his mother sent him a guitar----
To this day he plays in the subways---train stations----parks in New York city trying to survive--8:00 pm EST time--5 pm western-- on the link above-

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
I sure hope some of you watched that--darn near brought tears to my eyes-I actually liked it better than "Long Road To Glory".
Maybe I can relate to it a little more than most of you can----when I was in the Mansfield Ohio Pen. I bought a very old Gibson F hole guitar.
for 2 packs of cigarettes---it had been in the walls for who knows how many years---some inmate before me had sanded it down and refinished it with black and brown shoe polish--every night I would sit in my cell and play it--just brings a lot of memories back. later.

Many Moons

Biking+Blues=Bliss
What a sad story. One punch!!!! That could have been any of us, when you look back at the scraps we got into. Thanks for posting Dave.(y)

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Looks like we were the only 2 that watched it-- A true story about a man that has every right in the world to be a Bluesman.
My favorite parts were near the end when he was packing up to go to the the GIG---he's putting his gear in the black trash baggie.(gotta love that) The other was singing the song he wrote at his mothers grave. Thanks Davy

Last edited: