Here I am!

Silicon Valley Tom

It makes me happpy to play The Blues!
Well, here I am! It has been a while since I have been on the forum. Just to update you, May 9th was my birthday (I turned 77), and on May10th, we received notice that we had to move from the house we have rented for 21 years. They gave us 60 days, but we asked them for more time and they agreed to December 31 st. So we moved to San Jose, about 2 miles south. Thanks to our son and five of his friends, the move went smoothly.

Do you know how much "stuff" you can accumulate over the years? Well, let me say that the house we are living in is smaller, and the "stuff" does not fit very well. More than a mild understatement! On December 22, we made the move to the new residence, and just got the computers hooked up and operational. I hope to have at least two guitars in position to be played before the weekend. I miss playing so much! At the other house, I had room for many guitars and other instruments to be hooked up and ready to be played. So I will limit myself to my flamenco and Gretsch guitars.

Our favorite Starbucks closed the same day we moved. We found a Starbucks called "Star Reserved". It is near Stevens Creek and De Anza for those of you familiar with the area. They had 8 full time employees the day we went to visit. They were in groups, and only one helped customers, while the other 7 talked to each other for the hour we were there. The one helping the customers was new and did nothing correctly, but no other employees helped her. They are very specialized. The beverages served start at $7.50 and up to $11.50 for a cup of coffee. Each of the coffee's have special names, and they do not have a menu for the usual coffee's, tea, etc. that you would expect. After all, they are located in Cupertino! :)

I still have contact with many of the boys and girls I grew up with, in San Francisco. They called us "Eureka Valley Kids", which was the name of our neighborhood. Now they call it "The Castro".

I have not touched an instrument since early December. I hope that I remember a few pieces. I have thought of the many great people that I played with and for, over the years. So many are no longer with us, and that is so sad.

Tom - Still in "Lovely Silicon Valley", where the rents are as high as the moon, the traffic is impossible, and I still call it home. :cry:

Wildwood

Playin' Blues
Do you know how much "stuff" you can accumulate over the years?

Oh yes I do...we have lived in the house we are currently in for the last 18 years. My mom was an antique dealer and when she passed we inherited all the antique furniture she had at her store. Some very cool stuff but a LOT of it. Plus she stayed in Michigan while I ended up moving to St Louis. Moving it all was...interesting to say the least!

Glad to have you back!

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Do you know how much "stuff" you can accumulate over the years?
Oh yes I do. We are in the process of decluttering in the hopes of moving later this year. I counted about 2 dozen moving boxes in our attic that hadn't been opened since we moved here 18 years ago:eek: Most of that went to the tip. Though I did find a couple of things I thought I had lost:rolleyes: moral of the story unpack everything after a move or when you eventually look at it you can no longer use it (damaged in storage doesn't fit or out of fasion obsolete). We opened several boxes of my wifes clothes and the telephone rang. It was the 80's wanting their clothes back:ROFLMAO: (she didn't like that joke). I also took about 8 old pc/laptops down the recycling center all obsolete.

Nice to see you back Tom, I know moving can be a strain. We are not looking forward to the move but hope it will be worth it after.

cheers

Al.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Good to know that everything is at least semi ok. Except that Starbucks. I hate Starbucks in general, but that one should be closed permanently.