Solo 6 Baseline

Steve G

St. Simons Island, GA
For me, by far the hardest of the 6 solos.  I've been working on this for a long time & just now starting to approach a decent full speed take.  Fantastic learning exercise.  Speed,  Triplets, tweedlies, walk ups, walk downs, all 5 boxes, you name it, it's got it.  I'm still hanging on for dear life every time I play it and there's  much work to be done but here it is so far.

Epi Joe B LP,  Fender Mustang I Amp using the Super Live preset,  Ableton Live recording software.

http://www.4shared.com/audio/3Sq1rSC7/Solo_6-May_17_2011-Full_Speed-.html

stratogeezer

Blues Newbie
Excellent baseline Steve.
I'd be thrilled to death if I got as far as you have on this solo.
It's still above my present ability but definitely not above yours.
Time for a well deserved cold one. [smiley=beer.gif]

jerrydawg

Blues Newbie
Way ta go Steve.... there's work to be done but your well on your way.... I 'm still workin' this solo 'cause there's so much here and it's so much fun to play..... [smiley=thumbsup.gif]

Jon3b

Blues Newbie
Impressive  [smiley=beer.gif] One more finish-coat and a good polish and it be yours.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I haven't started this one yet Steve, but it sounds pretty darn good to me.

johnc

systematic
Very nice job to my ears Steve,
I agree that's it a bit tough and you handled it well.  Thanks for your recording, great to listen to.
It was the last one I learnt of BGU and have forgotten it already so I have to relearn it now along with everything, hearing your playing inspires me now to get out and do it.