Doing my taxes today...

sloslunas

NM Blues
I know what a kind and generous group that you are. That being said, I could really use large amounts of Vaseline if you have some to spare. If so, please send to:
The Compound
Los Lunas, New Mexico
USA

I thank you in advance for your contributions...

Steve

ChazInFlint

They call it the Blues, but I can't stop smiling!
"I thank you in advance for your contributions..." Reminds me of what the Treasury Department tells me all the time.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I know what a kind and generous group that you are. That being said, I could really use large amounts of Vaseline if you have some to spare. If so, please send to:
The Compound
Los Lunas, New Mexico
USA

Steve

Cool! How much you gettin' back?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
The Compound
Los Lunas, New Mexico
USA

Steve

No vaseline, but I can send along a tube of Preparation H if that would help...
evil.gif

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Prob'ly last time in a while that I have to file as a small business (folded the tent and got a day job just before Christmas). As usual, getting the standard self-employed reaming.

On the plus side, having to pay on tax day means the money's been sitting there collecting interest for me, not for the revenooers. I'll file electronically on the last day and that'll be that. :Beer:

steve o

Student Of The Blues
Prob'ly last time in a while that I have to file as a small business (folded the tent and got a day job just before Christmas). As usual, getting the standard self-employed reaming.

On the plus side, having to pay on tax day means the money's been sitting there collecting interest for me, not for the revenooers. I'll file electronically on the last day and that'll be that. :Beer:

I feel you Steve. Self-employment tax is the worst! I learned that the hard way. A few years ago when my business really took off. I had no clue. I had been fine the first few years when I was trying to establish and grow my business. Then I had above normal success and ouch!!!:mad: I learned and have prepared for the reaming the last few years but I had to go on the payment plan for that sandpaper reaming. 10 more months and I’ll be caught up. It sucks being penalized for being successful.

zwantedone

Blues Newbie
I feel you Steve. Self-employment tax is the worst! I learned that the hard way. A few years ago when my business really took off. I had no clue. I had been fine the first few years when I was trying to establish and grow my business. Then I had above normal success and ouch!!!:mad: I learned and have prepared for the reaming the last few years but I had to go on the payment plan for that sandpaper reaming. 10 more months and I’ll be caught up. It sucks being penalized for being successful.
I learned that the hard way as well. Got some pretty savvy accountants(women) to take care of things, no further issues. They remained with me until I sold my business and retired. They still contact me every once in awhile to see how I'm doing. Sharp ladies...

blackcoffeeblues

Student Of The Blues
Steve: you got to start paying every bodies bar bills at the BGU Jams---write them off as " Donations"--then the gov would give you back money and you could even qualify for food stamps....

Shodai

Blues Junior
I understand that taxes are a necessary evil. I mean, we need roads and maintenance on those roads, and cops, firefighters, prisons (unfortunately), and school's and such. So I get that, and I'm willing to pay my fair share for it.

What I don't understand is giving my money to the government just so they can give it to someone else, or send it to some foreign country to provide food and housing for them while we have starving and homeless people right here at home. Or giving grants so people can smear feces on a canvas and call it art. Can someone explain to me, if a good large professional canvas costs less than $200,
and feces is free, why an "artist" needs $25,000 of taxpayer money to create "art".

Too many politicians are much too generous with other people's money.

I'm done. Sorry if this violates any political prohibition. It was not my intent.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
It's supposed to go to fix roads? I think that's probably wrong, but then I live in California sooo.....shrug-smiley (50x50) (2).jpg

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Mine are essentially done: had to estimate the contents of one form as I await its arrival (but I'm confident I got the data pretty close). Now I know how much flab to add to my ass so when the gubmint takes its bite in April I still have some left to sit down on. :sneaky:

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
Mine are essentially done: had to estimate the contents of one form as I await its arrival (but I'm confident I got the data pretty close). Now I know how much flab to add to my ass so when the gubmint takes its bite in April I still have some left to sit down on. :sneaky:

If you have that much flab, the standing would probably do you some good! :whistle:
(I know it would, me) :rolleyes:

davidc252

Blues Newbie
I understand that taxes are a necessary evil. I mean, we need roads and maintenance on those roads, and cops, firefighters, prisons (unfortunately), and school's and such. So I get that, and I'm willing to pay my fair share for it.

What I don't understand is giving my money to the government just so they can give it to someone else, or send it to some foreign country to provide food and housing for them while we have starving and homeless people right here at home. Or giving grants so people can smear feces on a canvas and call it art. Can someone explain to me, if a good large professional canvas costs less than $200,
and feces is free, why an "artist" needs $25,000 of taxpayer money to create "art".

Too many politicians are much too generous with other people's money.

I'm done. Sorry if this violates any political prohibition. It was not my intent.

You might get a visit from the FBI.
You will likely get audited.
And Congress may want to see a few years of your tax returns.
:LOL::);) Just kidding.