Hi everyone I am new here...

RamonPagan

Blues Newbie
Hi, my name is Ray and I am from New York City, I am 64, retired and having nothing to do I figured I needed a hobby instead of just sitting around and wait for the inevitable.

I am trying to learn Blues guitar because everyone tells me that that's where I should start since the Blues is the root of all modern music. Well, lets see how good these old brain and old fingers behave.

luckylarry

Student Of The Blues
Welcome Ray. This is an awesome place to get help with your blues. Good people to help and Griff is a great teacher and resource. Again welcome.

RamonPagan

Blues Newbie
Thanks for the welcome luckylarry.
He seems to be a good teacher, I became a member of the site because of all the guitar teachers in
youtube, I like his way of teaching best, this is coming from an ex-teacher.

Shodai

Blues Junior
Welcome to the forum!

You've just become a member of an extraordinary group of people, and there is not a friendlier or more helpful forum for a blues guitarist anywhere on the internet!

Drop by often, join in the conversations. As great as the course materials are (and they are great) you will find a wealth of information and a lot of support and encouragement from the members.

You're going to love it here!

matonanjin

Chubby, old guy trying to play some blues.
Welcome to you @RamonPagan ! There are more of us on here than you may think that have decided that this is better than " just sitting around and wait for the inevitable".

A great place to learn and a lot of fun conversations here.

RamonPagan

Blues Newbie
Thanks everyone for the wonderful welcome, looking forward to the many hours of learning and fun.
After more than 30 years dealing with computers, I think this is a good change for me. It'll provably
take me 3 times as long now to learn something but I'm not one to give up very easily.