Songs in BGIAB

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Are these Griffs originals or "Takes" on other songs like "Ultimate Jam Tracks".

And if so what songs are they Take offs of ?

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
Are these songs in order of difficulty?
Do they build off one another.Also does BFIAB2 course build off this one?

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
I haven't really noticed any real progression of difficulty within each course from song to song, but I've always thought that, while they are challenging, the BGIAB I solos where not as advanced as I had hoped. I was hoping that they would be solos that I've heard Griff and others play at gigs.
In that sense there is a nice progression from I to II. If you can master the solos, fills and rhythm in I, you will be in a great position for them in II.

BGIAB II is more along the lines of what I was looking for. These are solos, fills, riffs and rhythms that I'll be really proud to play (assuming that I can ever really learn to play them well).
Again, more of a leap forward than any "progression".

As with any course some songs will be easier for some and harder for others depending on their musical background.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
awesome, I needed this, I have licks, but cant figure out when we play how ot put them in..............this might help since I have joined you in some of the songs.

one question....what is SRM, its not listed