Soloing Without Scales - The 4 Note Solo

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
Just an FYI for those who may not already be aware.....

Blues Block #1, introduced in Lesson 4 of SWS, is the 4 Note Solo Pattern.

Lesson 5, Solo #1, uses the pattern.

Lesson 7 puts Solo #1 in several different keys by moving the pattern horizontally along the first 2 strings.

Then Lesson 8 moves the pattern vertically to different string sets.

Reviewing these lessons may be useful, since Griff is suggesting we do the same with the "official" 4 Note Solo numero uno.:)

Last edited:

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
And thanks to @Mike A for pointing out in another thread that for "Jam 1 - Shuffle in A" in "Trading Fours Volume One" Griff uses the "4 Note Solo/Blues Block 1" pattern in several different positions.

Also worth checking out.;)

Mike A

BLUES NOODLER
Just an FYI for those who may not already be aware.....

Blues Block #1, introduced in Lesson 4 of SWS, is the 4 Note Solo Pattern.

Lesson 5, Solo #1, uses the pattern.

Lesson 7 puts Solo #1 in several different keys by moving the pattern horizontally along the first 2 strings.

Then Lesson 8 moves the pattern vertically to different string sets.

Reviewing these lessons may be useful, since Griff is suggesting we do the same with the "official" 4 Note Solo numero uno.:)
Yeah I am grateful that you put all these together. I'm gonna make it my point to finish each and everyone of these thanks for posting Paleo

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Reviewing the 4 note solo. However I don't see a download for the main breakdown video. Am I missing something or isn't there one? I would like to down load it to put it in video surgeon so I can save the lick loops.

cheers

Al.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Thanks. But still no download option for the main video breakdown. You can download backing tracks and playthroughs and the intro video but not the main breakdown video.

cheers

Al.

Al Holloway

Devizes UK
Thanks I got it now. Badly named though as there is an introductory video so I assumed (and we all know what assume means) this was it. The streaming video is entitled "main video lesson". Oh well all good I've got it now.

cheers

Al.