NEW COURSE---NO WARNING????

Iheartbacon

Blues Junior
It may be the kind of mushrooms I used in my veal Marsala, but I think something funky is going in with the lighting in the videos for Solo 3 and Solo 4. The background is flickering and at times the video seems to black out completely for a couple frames.

Other than that, I am really loving what I am seeing and hearing!

dvs

Green Mountain Blues
What is this secret course? Is there any info about it? Or is it only available with All Access Pass?

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Or is it only available with All Access Pass?
For the moment it is only available to AAP members. It's being taken on a shakedown cruise to find any errata before it's released into the wild.

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I think something funky is going in with the lighting in the videos for Solo 3 and Solo 4. The background is flickering and at times the video seems to black out completely for a couple frames.

@Griff Most noticeable at the very beginning of the Breakdowns for those 2 solos.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
@Griff Most noticeable at the very beginning of the Breakdowns for those 2 solos.
Thank you, I'll look into that. I didn't see it on my end, it might just need to be re-uploaded and re-processed... but it never hurts to look all the way through.

Griff

Jack

Blues Junior
I'm printing up the manual right now - will the dark purple ink cartridge last 'till the end?!?! lol :)

Super excited after listening to the solos, this is very much the type of stuff I want to incorporate into my playing. But I still gotta make time for Major Minor Blues Shapes - I was just getting off to a good start on that :D

OG_Blues

Guitar Geezer
Today's email from griff has a link to it for ordering, even if you do not have an AAP.
Yup, this one is for me - ordered it immediately. Looks like some great stuff for anyone that wants to go beyond the standard blues stuff.

MikeS

Student Of The Blues
Staff member
Haven't seen any email about it, but I've been looking at it a bit. looks great. I've been wanting to cover Louisiana Holiday and Solo 2 looks likt it's gonna fit the bill.

Randy S

Blues Junior
@Griff

Looking over the new course and liking what I see and hear.

Really like the 'borrowed arpeggios" idea- looks like something I can put to use quickly to get some different sounds. One question on that idea:

Say your playing a blues in A. It is clear that going from the A7 to the D7 you can play a GMaj7 or Emin7 arpeggio and then resolve to the D chord. What about going from the D7 back to the A7- do you 'follow the chord" and play either a CMaj7 or Amin7 arpeggio resolving to the A or do you stick with the GMaj7/Emin7 arpeggios?

Do you plan to open a forum category for the course?

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
I just love that slow blues solo! One of Griff's best IMHO...
As for the others, some I like better than others, and some don't really resonate for me.
But then again, Griff warned against that as some of these sounds are a bit new to my ears.

Wonder how much, or little of the overall course I'd have to tackle to make sense of, and master that Slow Blues Solo?

Griff

Staff member
@Griff

Looking over the new course and liking what I see and hear.

Really like the 'borrowed arpeggios" idea- looks like something I can put to use quickly to get some different sounds. One question on that idea:

Say your playing a blues in A. It is clear that going from the A7 to the D7 you can play a GMaj7 or Emin7 arpeggio and then resolve to the D chord. What about going from the D7 back to the A7- do you 'follow the chord" and play either a CMaj7 or Amin7 arpeggio resolving to the A or do you stick with the GMaj7/Emin7 arpeggios?

Do you plan to open a forum category for the course?
As you'll see moving forward a little, that particular bar, before the return to the I, it's more common to imply the D#dim7... but that doesn't mean it's the only option and if you want to try some of those other options you should!

Griff

Staff member
I just love that slow blues solo! One of Griff's best IMHO...
As for the others, some I like better than others, and some don't really resonate for me.
But then again, Griff warned against that as some of these sounds are a bit new to my ears.

Wonder how much, or little of the overall course I'd have to tackle to make sense of, and master that Slow Blues Solo?
It does touch on all of the topics, but there aren't that many. There are basically 3-4 "sections" with the different approaches, then all 6 solos utilize all of those options to some degree or another.

I wanted to go heavy on examples because those are what you need to get these ideas into your fingers. Take your time working through the solo breakdowns and you'll learn what you need to learn.

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Just redeemed my Golden Ticket too...........it was getting a little moldy. haha..Will probably order some manuals for these things. too.