NEW COURSE---NO WARNING????

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
As some of you know, I have all of Griff's courses.........and so I have a Golden Ticket that hasn't been used for a while. I log on today, and immediately notice that somewhere in my list of Courses that I have is a NEW course. But...NO warning was given! No chance to salivate and drool with expectation. What gives?

I went to "Which Courses Do I Own" and it isn't on my list, so it must be new, right.

Oh yeah, the course is........MODERN BLUES SOLOING.

Only problem is that there is no radio button for it so I can make it mine???

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Nice catch PBP

I took a look at the course catalog and don't see it in there. Perhaps there will be an announcement and unveiling in the near future. In the meantime if anyone has the AAP it looks like you can check it out now!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
He has hinted that this was coming.

I haven't been this excited since Modes Unleashed.

Looks like it's still a work in progress.

No buttons for downloading anything but the manual.

I'm sure all will come in good time.

Unless it will be a streaming only course?o_O (Which I doubt.)

Or if he wants some "proofreading" (think SWS 2.0) or feedback before actually releasing it.:sneaky:

My plans for the rest of the day just changed.

Last edited:

piebaldpython

Blues Junior
Just watched the Intro and the 6 Solos. WOW! This is definitely a NEW course and the manual for this course will be a must have!

JohnDX

Blues Newbie
Got the email and if Griff is really excited about it, I’m super excited. Watched the intro and I think I’m reasonably prepared to jump in. But I’m still working through BGU 2.0 and a couple other courses. So I think I’ll have to resist temptation for a little while. As a side note, I’m having more fun with Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas than I could have ever imagined. I’m playing it. It sounds good to me. I like it. I don’t know why it took me so long to find this place. But it was a really lucky day during my 4th of July guitar break week last year. Can’t wait to read all the posts on this course. You guys have fun. I’ll be there as soon as I can.

Mr.Scary

A Blues Legend in My Own Mind
From the introduction he has assumed a little much out of me. I really don't understand modes and I haven't gone through the Chord by Chord Arpeggio course. This will have to wait I guess.

Terry B

Humble student of the blues
Just went through the first two lessons and think this is the one I've been looking for. I'll also be looking to order the manual when its available.

Griff

Vice Assistant General Manager
Staff member
Glad y'all can see it. Yes, I jumped the gun a little with the hope of getting some feedback from the AAP holder before I launch it for reals.

@Mr.Scary give some of it a try... you might be fine, and I'd like to hear how it is for you.

Griff

Griff

Staff member
He has hinted that this was coming.

I haven't been this excited since Modes Unleashed.

Looks like it's still a work in progress.

No buttons for downloading anything but the manual.

I'm sure all will come in good time.

Unless it will be a streaming only course?o_O (Which I doubt.)

Or if he wants some "proofreading" (think SWS 2.0) or feedback before actually releasing it.:sneaky:

My plans for the rest of the day just changed.
Yes still working on a few details but wanted to get some fresh eyes on it. Let me know if you find anything!

Paleo

Student Of The Blues
I've been through the first 4 sections several times each, but haven't yet gone through any of the solos lick by lick.

(I spent most of the day yesterday trying to wrap my head around all the different enharmonic spellings of the Altered Dominant.:unsure:)

Just an observation.

Lessons 10 & 11 in "Slow Blues Supplement" introduce the Composite Blues Scales and Every Chord Is I.

Section 1 in this new course expands on those same concepts. Then goes on to the "new" stuff.

So you could think of this course as a continuation of SBS.

Between the 2 courses you have all (?) the scales Griff usually mentions when soloing the blues.

Which makes me wonder where we go from here.

Not that I'm ready already.:whistle:

Oops! Add the Pentatonic 6. Are there any others I missed?

Attachments

• Modes-BluesSoloingCheatsheet.pdf
    36.8 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Scotty R

Blues Newbie
This looks good! I was even more interested when Griff described this as the "how to solo like Griff course"

I'm intimidated by the prerequisites, and am not sure I meet the minimum height to ride.
I'm a Level 2 soloist, where I can mix major and minor, and have my quiver of licks. I'm less good at incorporating new sounds such as arpeggios, modes, etc. I got through BGU2, and SWS scales but other courses such as SBS, Modes Unleashed seem out of reach for now.

But it's a good stretch goal. And I think I'll push this to the Spring once some of you guys are through....

Griff

Staff member
Don't let the prerequisite put you off... you're fine if you can do BGU stuff. I'll walk you through the modes and arpeggios as needed.

Griff