Bucket List Jam Checked Off

(BW)

Better off with the Blues!
So for 6 years I have been mustering up the courage to perform at the Green Pig in Downtown Salt Lake City, UT but just couldn’t do it. The thing that scared me the most (besides all the professional sounding players) was that others come to DANCE. They wear dancing outfits, shoes, the whole bit. I know it probably sounds dumb but it intimidates me that I might go off rhythm or bomb and end up like the end song on Back to the Future where people in the gym are just staring at Marty McFly like “What the H3!! was that?!?”.
upload_2019-12-24_9-43-41.jpeg

Well last night I just made the decision to go for it. I had some major rough patches but I did it and people danced! I’m trying to get access to the recording.

Last edited:

JestMe

Student Of The Blues
Congratulations. I'm sure you did fine and better than you think you did. One down and many more to go!!!

I have a similar goal though I think it is still a ways off or perhaps I should say "Further On Up the Road".

BTW I couldn't access the video think the link nay be setup just for your FB friends

(BW)

Better off with the Blues!
Congratulations. I'm sure you did fine and better than you think you did. One down and many more to go!!!

I have a similar goal though I think it is still a ways off or perhaps I should say "Further On Up the Road".

BTW I couldn't access the video think the link nay be setup just for your FB friends

Oops. Sorry about that. I’ll request access for all.

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
Congratulations! I know how difficult it can be to work up the nerve to hit that first open jam. I have never truly gotten past that hurdle. I've been to jams, but I'm still just as apprehensive now as the first time. Fortunately, I'm told that for most people it does get easier! Excellent! As has been mentioned, I'm sure you sounded a whole lot better than you are giving yourself credit.

david moon

Attempting the Blues
Well-
By doing the vocal you pretty much took over the leadership
rythm playing was great
solos didn't suck, pretty darn good actually
got the hand signals down
If that was your first jam, then you have nothing to worry about

Please come to the next NGU event

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
Well-
By doing the vocal you pretty much took over the leadership
rythm playing was great
solos didn't suck, pretty darn good actually
got the hand signals down
If that was your first jam, then you have nothing to worry about

Please come to the next NGU event
NGU? is that New Guys Unleashed or did you just phat phinger the N going for the B?