I am going

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
Someone, Namely me......is going to 80's his ass offf

Motley Crue / Def Leppard / My favorite "Poison"

And if it couldnt get any Better

Joan Jett and The Black Hearts opening the entire show

I intend to lose my voice, throw out my back, pull a hamstring and play the most awesomeness air guitar the entire show

July cant get here soon enough. All I can say, I have never paid this much for concert tickets in my life, but I am like 10 rows from the stage

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
what funny, sad, and almost laughable....................2 tickets, $390. I know that sounds like "why the hell would you do that "
But, I dont spend money on myself, I have multiple guitars, all but 2 I bought used, and one of the new ones was a replacement for a destroyed guitar

I drive a 20 year old explorer, because well, I like it, it runs great, and I dont have a payment, so basically, I live conservatively.

Each seat was $155 a piece, $5 to have printed tickets mailed to me, the rest, ticket master fees. I bought them at 10:10 am, sales opened t 10 am.

I checked back at 8 pm that night, those butt holes raised them to $265 a piece. It isnt lack of music killing live music, but the ridiculous cost of going to a concert. This is in a baseball stadium, open air, nosebleed seats are $65 where you cant see or hear a thing, ludicrous

Shodai

Blues Junior
"It isnt lack of music killing live music, but the ridiculous cost of going to a concert."

Preach On, my Brother, Preach On!

You should put that on a T-shirt and sell them... You'll be a millionaire within a month.

On another note, don't apologize for spending a little money on yourself. We live in such a material world that most people forget to "experience" life. Have fun at the show!

PapaRaptor

Father Vyvian O'Blivion
Staff member
It isnt lack of music killing live music, but the ridiculous cost of going to a concert.

<Rant>
I heard that. Joe Bonamassa is playing in Charlotte in March. I'm not a huge fan of his, but I thought it would be cool to go see him. HOLY CRAP! Nosebleed seats start at $146 each. If I wanted to treat myself to center orchestra seats, I can get those for the ridiculously low price of $475 a copy. Thank you, no.

I would much rather patronize a local facility and support local talent, where there is usually no cover or a minimal ($10 or less), have dinner and drinks and still come out for far less than the price of a pair of nosebleed seats.
</Rant>

MarkDyson

Blues Hound Wannabe
Wow. Most expensive concert I've gone to was The Eagles in 2008: $185 a pop for decent seats. For them I was willing to pay it. Can't imagine anyone else being worth that much.

sdbrit68

Student Of The Blues
what really burns me, and I get the artists arnt making as much money for album sales with all the digital download stuff, so they make it up elsewhere ( and damn thosee ticketmaster fees)

Even putting all that aside, how do you justify doubling the price of a ticket, just because tickets are selling ?

Shodai

Blues Junior
I also prefer smaller venues, partly because the ticket prices tend to be more reasonable, but also because no matter where you are you can see the stage oh, and the people on that stage don't look like ants.

We have two great venues here in New Hampshire that I go to fairly regularly. The Tupelo Music Hall in Derry NH, and the Rochester Opera House in Rochester.

Going to see Tab Benoit at the Tupelo in January. Tickets were only $40. Very reasonable.

MikeR

Guitar Challenged
Staff member
I must have gotten lucky. Hyacinth and I got front row tickets to Joe B. In Albuquerque. They were comped. Free is good!!

Steve

Well, that's because you let Joe stay in one of the wings of your compound when he's in town. :D

Should be fun Mark and $160 for something like that is not unusual these days.

That's why I go to the Doheny Blues Festival every year. $200 for two days of VIP tickets that lets you stand right in front of the stage. Saw Joe B and so many other acts standing 10 feet away from them. Contrast that with Bottlerock here in Napa. $850 for three days of VIP tickets for a bunch of acts I could care less about and you're still nowhere near the stage.

Grateful_Ed

Student Of The Blues
I would much rather patronize a local facility and support local talent, where there is usually no cover or a minimal ($10 or less), have dinner and drinks and still come out for far less than the price of a pair of nosebleed seats.

Amen. Just 'cause you've never heard of 'em doesn't mean they won't make your toe tap. There is lot's of local talent just about everywhere, the beer tastes just a good and is usually less expensive too. :Beer:

Shodai

Blues Junior
When I was a kid my dad use to hear my brother drone on and on about how this player or that was "the best guitar player in the world".

One day he says, "you haven't ever heard the best guitar player in the world, because he's probably not famous. He's probably some cranky old guy sitting on a porch at a log cabin in the woods, or at some shack in a swamp with a beat up old guitar that he found in the local dump. Nobody's ever heard of him, and he's probably happy about that. He just plays because he loves to play."

My dad was a pretty wise man. He knew how to keep us humble.

But, yes, a lot of great "undiscovered" talent playing some awesome music.

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
what funny, sad, and almost laughable....................2 tickets, $390. I know that sounds like "why the hell would you do that "
But, I dont spend money on myself, I have multiple guitars, all but 2 I bought used, and one of the new ones was a replacement for a destroyed guitar

I drive a 20 year old explorer, because well, I like it, it runs great, and I dont have a payment, so basically, I live conservatively.

Each seat was $155 a piece, $5 to have printed tickets mailed to me, the rest, ticket master fees. I bought them at 10:10 am, sales opened t 10 am.

I checked back at 8 pm that night, those butt holes raised them to $265 a piece. It isnt lack of music killing live music, but the ridiculous cost of going to a concert. This is in a baseball stadium, open air, nosebleed seats are $65 where you cant see or hear a thing, ludicrous
Well thanks to the Internet and piracy artist can't make money selling records anymore they have to make on the live shows, they used to tour to support record sales, now they tour to survive

PapaBear

Guit Fiddlier
what really burns me, and I get the artists arnt making as much money for album sales with all the digital download stuff, so they make it up elsewhere ( and damn thosee ticketmaster fees)

Even putting all that aside, how do you justify doubling the price of a ticket, just because tickets are selling ?
It's called supply and demand

BigMike

Blues Oldie
Saw JB in Sydney earlier this year and I think the tickets were less than $100 US equivalent. Think I got a bargain now.

ScottWeil

Blues Newbie
My nursing home will be playing quiet riot at lunch time
Off our rockers, actin' crazy
With the right medication we won't be lazy
Doin' the old folks boogie
Down on the farm

Wheelchairs, they was locked arm in arm
Paired off pacemakers with matchin' alarms
Gives us jus' one more chance
To spin one more yarn

And you know that you're over the hill